Analog Heat

Hi Simon,

Do you have any idea of when these will be hitting retail? I will be visiting Tokyo first week of November and might be tempted to buy it if its readily available :slight_smile:

Agreed on the digital sources point. Really pulls out some amazing tones.

Iā€™m sure I can replicate some of what Iā€™m hearing ITB so might investigate further as can imagine something like this sounding amazing with my Yammy FS1R.

Thanks will have another listen

Most stores are saying end of October. (Online that is, but I asked in person at five g last week). If your lucky and distribution is on time, you might just snag one while your here.

Canā€™t afford one but the Soundcloud demos have convinced me of itā€™s worth.

It sounds bloody great.

1 Like

Haha, i dont know if impulse purchasing is considered ā€œluckyā€! I think i am just giving myself an excuse to buy it due to the fact i need a new audio interface :slight_smile:

I am going to order the Analog Heat and the Elysia Karacter online and try them out for 2 weeks to compare and return one of them back to the online store :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to hear your impressions of them both when comparing like this.

1 Like

Me too NoiseLab a feedback on both should be appreciated

These latest demos are really tempting me.

Just pre-ordered one at Bax-shop (NL)
Should be available within 3 weeks
(letā€™s hope they got it right)
Their price is ā‚¬ 760,- and this weekend they have a discount of 10% so I bought it for ā‚¬ 684,-

1 Like

3 weeks huh. I was just wondering when the release was going to happen :slight_smile:
Technically November is likeā€¦ winter in Sweden, he heā€¦ So if they stick to the ā€œfallā€ plan, it has to happen soon. Perhaps the fall is lasting longer in Gothenburg though.

4 Likes

Feels like a bit of a leap of faith preordering this box considering the little amount of demos, or should I say audio demos available.
I am wanting to like this box and it would slot in perfectly in my studio but for some reason the audio demos are just not sounding good enough to me.
I feel the overdrive, distortion seems to have a rather nasally, harsh quality to it.
Excuse the pun but not feeling the warmth unfortunately.
Admittedly this may just be the audio being fed into this thing and the settings used, but at this stage not convinced from the audio demos available.
Cmon Nick, whatā€™s the hold up? I really want you to change my mind :loopy:

Will anything about the internal components ever be disclosed?? I tend to want to know how the distortion/overdrive works, and this is something that is normally advertised. For instance, my Bogner pedal works by overdriving a Neve designed transformer. It doesnā€™t sound like the AH uses transformers. Are there germanium transistors in this thing? Whatā€™s going on inside?

4 Likes

Does it really matter whatā€™s inside? Personally im just interested in how it sounds

2 Likes

Yes. Thatā€™s why I asked. Make sense?

2 Likes

Your knowledge of sound/soundmaking makes me feel like a nincompoop.

Youā€™re all like ā€œtransistorsā€ and ā€œtransformersā€, meanwhile Iā€™m just like ā€œItā€™s distortion you can midi control for 700ā€

Might as well trade in my gear for a box of crayons and a doodlepad :smiley:

4 Likes

All you need to know is transformers make everything sound better :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks Prints

2 Likes

Autobots to the rescue

1 Like