Analog Heat

Sounds as flat as it gets, loudness sucks big time here :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m tired I probably sleepy hollow soon :joy:

I think we need a Cenk or Cuckoo demo at this point. :cheeky:

1 Like

This sounds great to me guy needs more arms or longer table for more gear.

I like the sound and the music, but I agree, I can not pick out specifically what parts are being heated and which are not.

I would like to see a video showing the same simple beat with and without heat.

I can hear the heat! Looking at the set-up I think the RYTM and A4 both go through a HEAT into the Octa. Heā€™s mainly just tweaking the HEATS from what I can tell and can definitely heat the filter and envelope follower doing stuff and reacting to his knob changes.

There is no Rytm on the table.
2x OT, 1x A4, 2x AH

1 Like

Well it is also an option for a portable interface. I have an RME fireface and I would prefer not to disconnect everything when going out of the studio.

1 Like

Whenever I play with the demo, my gas for the AH surges. But when I hear audio/video demos, I lose all GAS. I like how this thing can saturate sounds, but Iā€™m not a big fan of too much distorted white noise or high resonance settings on the filter being modulated by a LFO. Iā€™m interested in the AH for mimicking gnarly compressors, and lo-fi samplers. Need a video showing subtle applications to various sounds.

Now I know I need not only one, but two! :heat: :aw:

3 Likes

Ooops Iā€™m out to lunch.

If I still had an A4 and a RYTM, the AH would be a no-brainer. My main complaint about using those two together was how there was a lot of frequency-clashing between the two. I think it would be ideal to run the A4 through the AH, use the EQ to cut some lows, use the LFO to mimick some side-chain, and run the boosted signal into the RYTM. I really want to hear how the AH sounds on synths with a 4 to the floor beat while mimicking side-chain compression.

1 Like

Someone in elektron should grab an mpc2500. Do a dry run of the live loop they made then add the effect to the mix. That would be more realistic.

2 Likes

Thats the sort of music/demo I think would be absolutely amazing if it was performed live and you were in an environment to enjoy it but itā€™s not really my bag to be honest.

Cuckoo was mentioned before and I think he is the man to sell one of these to me. I want to hear him do his quirky vocal thing trying everything out through an AH - OP-1, OT, voice, etc etc. Iā€™m also looking for an Overbridge AH demo - I have a track in mind that Iā€™ve written that has a bassline dying for the AH to be used. I love the Tame Impala bass tone for example but can never seem to nail it.

1 Like

Dude try Sly-Fi Kaya. Does a bunch of shades of tape/vintage/shitty cassette etc. Depending what instrument you use it on youā€™ll have to tweak around with input levels and poss cut some bass (especially on full mixesā€¦ It hypes/thickens bass but in a cool way) and lift some highs. Itā€™s super flexible though and can go in a lot of directions once you learn it. Probably my favourite Saturation/tape plug now. Def useful for tame impala kind of sounds.

For tame impala bass sounds you prob also want to try a viola type bass and flatwound strings to get that thump going etc. If you havenā€™t tried that setup already :wink:

1 Like

I think you can generate a whole bunch of distorted or harmonically enriched samples for pure Tekkno-bliss with this :heat: ! i can imagine some really wired & poisoned Blofeld-sounds sending thru it with this distorted/heated overlay - chopped - and used/abused in the OT or AR

i really don`t know if i allready understood the purpose of this tool with this lack of information about it ā€¦ or perhapsā€¦ iā€™m blinded just because it is an Elektron device.

Shame he doesnā€™t give a run through of what hes doing. I like the industrial sounds but its hard to tell if the sampler is making them or the A4 ???

Audio Interfaceā€¦ No XLR inputsā€¦ no phantom power. .

They couldā€™ve put in a couple of decent combined inputs like every other interface has and it would be a contender of sorts but as it is ā€¦

700 quid.

Yesterday evening i saw the headless horseman video in my studio, the sound is very nice and the distirtion sounds heavily agressive. Really impressive.

1 Like

Just did. I must say I like this.
I found that AH effect on sound was rather obvious.

:heart: the Horseman.