Analog Heat

A thought for live use, and those who DO want to smash the whole mix. Would be cool if you could set up hot keys like the performance pads on the RYTM to quickly change states. This way you could have a default warm setting and then toggle super smashy smashy sounds as an fx

1 Like

I think a lot about this new product is not clear. This doesnt help to make the attitude towards it positive.

Wondr how good is going to be the drivers when using it as sound card. I have been considering an RME babyface for a portable set up but this could provide more functionality as I already have an RME at home.

We need more and long demos.

Iā€™m thinking of swapping out my Duet for this bad boy. Why not have some awesome analog front end on all your recordings?

2 Likes

sherman filter bank vs AH!!! Lets see this video please :smiley:

4 Likes

The new machine will greatly enhance the potential of all Monomachine owners, as she hasnā€™t that big FX potential. Good addition - great to see diverse products around.

2 Likes

How many stereo distortion pedals can be used as an audio interface and process input signals along with internal signals running in the daw?

Im pretty sure Im going to do the same thing. Duet will prob have to go.

TR 8 through the AH :joy:

Ok I need someone to confirm this for me. Can I use the AH as my master limiter/compressor for a live set with the Ableton master outputs going through the AH to the house mixer and also back to ableton all via overbridge?

if I make different songs in my Rytm, and I play them one after the otherā€¦
Can I auto change the settings of my Heat too?
Or do I manually change preset between the song and then EQ & Filter to the right frequency?

Iā€™d imagine you can send pgm changes from the rytm into the heat, so every time you change to another pattern, the heat will also change its preset.

1 Like

Re the included interface/vst thingā€¦ Guess for someone with a Ā£400+ 2 channel interface it does make sense to sell and switch to an AH. Adding the distortions/extra functions/hardware vst makes good sense at the price then.

But for anyone happy with their cheaper interface or more channels, itā€™s a lot of money for adding ā€˜one simultaneous instanceā€™ to their setup. My main issue is just that Iā€™ve heard nothing so far I canā€™t get with plugins that can be used in multiple instance/flavours simultaneously. So for me the interface/vst aspect is zero appeal so far. Tho for live shows without a computer it looks like a really useful box. But a lot of money to put down just for that purpose. For anyone using it as their interface + vst + live shows, it starts to look like a no-brainer and the price is way less of an issue. Just not sure thatā€™s going to be enough people for it to sell a lot?

Iā€™d be happy to be proven wrong about the sound of it when the in-depth videos show up tho. Maybe itā€™s up there with the sherman filterbank and Iā€™ll start wanting one. Skint tho so atm Iā€™m relieved to be ā€˜mehā€™ on it til then :wink:

@Dataline Cā€™mon dude, I know you love the silver boxes. Iā€™m so ready to pull the trigger on the Analog Heat, but Iā€™d love to hear what you can cook up with it on something as proudly digital as the MDUW or MNM. You know you want to.

And, since Iā€™m calling you out, check your PMs because itā€™s been about 9 months since I heard from you :cheeky:

1 Like

As many Elektron products, Uā€™ll find it soon on the 2nd hand market, then you can offer 400 :sunglasses:

9 months? Thatā€™s THE dude :heat:

maybe i missed something, but will it act as a usb midi interface too?
It could be a way towards using an ipad as a midi sequencer and voice, all through the :heat:

5 Likes

Hard to get any idea of AH from videos like this. Maybe Iā€™m missing something or im deaf but itā€™s too difficult picking out exactly what character/distortion etc that AH is adding here. Too many boxes on the table/in the mix. Sounds just like a ton of videos that have dark trinity minus AHā€¦ An in-depth vid thatā€™s like an expansion on the interactive demo would be very welcome tho.

4 Likes

Video feels like David Guetta to me, lot of tweaking without noticable sound adjustment

Maybe he is David guetta

(Sorry headless horseman :wink:
Love your music)

4 Likes