Analog Heat

And to expand further is how many modulation destinations can be assigned to either the EVN and/or LFO standalone. That is two or more assignments each?

1 Like

Wow this thing is getting a lot of HEAT from the community :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™m digging this device tho, my only real critic is that its a bit heavy and clunky, but i find that with the Rytm and A4 too - I know its nice those machines are built with metal casing, but it makes them heavy, also I wish theyā€™d be thinner and angled towards youā€¦ (like a Korg Electribe)
canā€™t really say how awesome the effect is yet till I play with it
A4 i was pretty stoked about when it came out but nowadays I just feel thereā€™s something nasty and cold about the sound - especially when I compare it to all my other synths around the houseā€¦

Better to be made of plastic then? Nahhhh.

1 Like

Yes. And the LFO rate options are interesting as well.

New video with vintage stuff

:heat:

3 Likes

Gotta say, if thereā€™s one thing I like about it (and like that it isnā€™t) - is the ā€˜activeā€™ button, just a regular old Elektron style button to turn the effect on or offā€¦ Pressing footswitches with your fingers has always seemed a bit weirdā€¦ Which is kindve a big element to it. This thing isnā€™t a footswitch. Itā€™s a tabletop effect. (Unless you plug one in but you get what I mean)

1 Like

Nothing jumping out at me on that video. Need to see some videos with sounds like these >

Hopefully an in depth video coming soon.

3 Likes

I think this is not a good video to motivate people to spend 800 euro

Aah - the good old SCI Drumtraks - still sort miss mine. Pure electro goodness.

my feelings are this sort of thing sounds great playing around with it in isolation, but itā€™s largely
totally irrelevant & unusable when it comes to actually producing a complete trackā€¦?

Ultimately it sounds better at the end when you hear the naked Drumtraks again :wink:

1 Like

Sold my Biscuit and preordered one :slight_smile:
Canā€™t wait for the :heat:

1 Like

I hope this one :heat: is not going into the wrong direction. So far iā€™d like to see more details on the distortion-implementations. The envelope-follower is good for ā€œbeat-breathingā€ like sidechaining.

Come on ā€¦ more details ā€¦ this last video does not give me the ā€œmust-haveā€-effect

My Sherman Rodec does the trick already. No real need for this, but your right not too many analogue stereo/multi mode filters out thereā€¦

1 Like

When is Cenk gonna do a demo of this?

1 Like

Iā€™d love to hear the eq in action. two bands plus the PEK filter would effectively make a 3 band stereo equalizer. I think that Iā€™d actually have more use for a good parametric analog (OB compatible) eq than anything else in this box, but will reserve final judgement until the manual is out etc

:elan: Sculpt next, hmm? 8 (reasonably) diff eq models, flexible controls, output and input drive. OB onboard. 2 channels with M/S. Heck Iā€™d buy that for 800ā‚¬!

4 Likes

Thoughtā€¦if possible Dual Mono with two different presets would be amazing!

1 Like

I was thinking recently that if I ended up getting the AH, Iā€™d run it as a send effect with the OT. It seems all too easy to destroy an entire mix using it as a master effect, at least in a live context. Definitely would like to hear the AHā€™s subtle (or radical) effect on individual parts more than entire mixes.

@ tsutek: Iā€™m starting to think of the AH as ā€œAnalog Sculptā€ in a way, though itā€™s not the same as what you are describing.

Yeah, with wet/dry and filters in the wet path, I can totally see the ā€œsculptingā€ aspect.

I just wish there was some kind of ā€œtrannyā€ mode on the AH, injecting some transformerlike hair to signals would be highly desirable for me personally (big fan of the UAD Fatso Sr!)

A big fat tranny on a teebee or a moog sound = :heart_eyes:

666 :heat:

3 Likes

Man, Iā€™d be way to tempted to just smash every entire mix through this thing. Used as a send would be the best. If you could do dual mono with two different presets set up as sends, that would be rad. Different heat flavours on different parts of your mix.