Analog Heat

Probably not since the OT doesn’t have midi scenes… I think it does spit out some form of midi message though so it’s possible they’ve implemented it on the AH side!

Closer to €700 than €800.

1 Like

http://www.kraftmusic.com/elektron-analog-heat-stereo-analog-sound-processor-basic-cable-kit.html

$719 @ Kraft

3 Likes

Psst, Cenk… it’s been quiet in here for a whole ten hours… because everyone is patiently waiting for your next video.

4 Likes

799 Euro on Thomman site for EU. As many fx boxes price tags are high. Elektron gear prices are often on the premium segment but they propose lots of things and goodies with their products. Personally this one doesn’t heat me too much. Anyway I’m curious, I’ll wait and hear and if by any chance they’ll add a delay on it, then they could take my money.

Hi Elektron, if there is another demo coming, could it feature the Heat in Overbridge mode working soft samplers and synths? Thanking you.

3 Likes

Just chiming in…

Looks nice. Sounds nice. Great Soundcloud audio samples!!! Very well done. Do I hear some TM404 in there?

But… I really wish it was a general fx box that p-locked. Delay, reverb, distortion, eq, etc. Like a bunch of Strymon boxes combined into one, with p-locking and OverBridge. Something where Elektron could keep adding fx emulation and updates over time. Like the Eventide boxes. Maybe they will, but “Analog Heat” name implies it will simply be a distortion type of box. Hope I’m wrong.

Seems very expensive if it’s just the distortion type of fx. So many other fx pedals and devices and plug-ins do similar things for much cheaper. So much competition and so much $$$. Ouch. Reminds me of Reason’s Scream and my Sherman Restyler as far as the filter/lfo goes. Ableton also stepped up their game with the new Autofilter. All those plus guitar pedals, modular, etc. = tough competition for sure.

Not hating. Just putting out some constructive criticism. An Elektron general fx box with p-locking would have sold me. Maybe next time.

1 Like

It’s a good idea … A future expandable plockable DSP box from elektron, with downloadable fx packs.

1 Like

but, the :elot: already does all these things.
though, the price of the :elot: is even higher, if you don’t want sampling and MIDI…

Had much fun tonight getting the Mono and the MD through A4 filters and FX (included Filter Overdrive).
Smelt like :heat: spirit !

4 Likes

HEAT ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO!

sorry guys, i couldn’t resist :heat:

1 Like

The OT does not have analog filters, OverBridge, etc.

Maybe what we want is an Octatrack mkII with everything but the kitchen sink?

3 Likes

I can remember the sting that was caused by OT not getting the OB update (not that it could). Perhaps it’s still too close, the betrayal factor too much for current OT owners if they released an OT2 now. I hope they do something like that tho eventually. But still, I wouldn’t want the computer to be an appendage, more of a complimentary component, much like OB currently is. It’s definitely intriguing wondering what the next big Elektron box will be, as Heat and possible subsequent FX boxes feel like younger siblings to the more fully fleshed out instrument boxes.

Hey Elektron, you know what would probably help to sell me on the Heat? A video or two of it paired with the Machinedrum and Monomachine. I want to see how that Analog Heat warms up digital steel. At the moment, it’s probably the biggest deciding factor in me getting one. Whaddya say???

1 Like

I support and approve this idea.

1 Like

+1

I was thinking about this again yesterday, and I am fairly certain there’s something lurking within the heat that :3lektron: is not telling us.

Plus drive? Digital DSP? Something’s off…

3 Likes

I think so too. 800 for a distirtion is a little overpriced, there is something that has not been told yet

2 Likes

I hope so. I’m not sold on the :heat: but I want to be. I’m thinking they’re going to do a compression update. Which might make it more tempting.

I don’t know though. I want there to be more.

Printing ‘Stereo Analog Sound Processor’ below the screen and giving the character section such prominence does appear to limit what could lurk within. Personally I think Elektron will keep the feature set and development cycle fairly contained this time.

2 Likes