Analog Heat

• citation needed

The Analog Heat is hot stuff. I like it. Could become super useful for In The Box’ers like me, adding a touch of analog sweetness to each track.

2 Likes

You can add
-AT (Analog Thunder)
-AL (Analog Lightning)
-AC (Analog Cloud)
… :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve slowly come round to accepting that it is probably a fair reflection for a boutique piece of gear too … it delivers something nice and probably has a lot more under the hood (even without the internal sequencing - especially if it also talks midi to complement the cv ins)

got me all :heat: too

a super quick spin around the Nord modular suite got me nowhere into this territory, this is a lovely well crafted warm thing

3 Likes

:thinking: :astonished: :smiling_imp:

OT: check.
AH: check (when available).
Remaining parts to be revealed.

…shit. Didn´t expect this.

Erm, That’s gonna have to be a red-flag No guga, maybe lost in translation … thankfully one too many letters . We can luckily discount Analog Hard too on account of the duplication when shortened :wink:

Really admiring this thing now, less convinced it’s a sign of more variations to come

I wonder why they went back to the OT style jacks though, not quite as pro as the ones from the AFKR

This might be misread as a tease - be prepared. :wink:

But surely, if you’re discussing your rig you could throw in the Axoloti, maybe meet you over on that forum when I get mine soon

:flushed: …wasn’t too much sure about it, i had my doubts :smirk: …well, you cleared them :relaxed:

1 Like

I think aesthetically it looks pretty good? Maybe ‘Analog Hues’ would roll off the tongue a little nicer than ‘Analog Palette’? But TBH for a distortion box I’d say Heat is a pretty apt name?

1 Like

Once you get them all, they are pre-programmed to play “Birdland”.

3 Likes

yeaaah! :grinning::grin:

1 Like

‘Heat’ is a far better name than ‘Palette’. It’s punchy, easy to say and spell, and gets the point across directly.

Pretty harsh to tell Elektron to hire a good designer, without even having seen a video of the thing in use. Based on the little info we have I think it looks great.

1 Like

Award: Analog Heat receives Red Dot Award :heat:

But no kidding, they lost their taste on the AH

I’m not with you… it looks good

Speak for yourself m80.

I like the way it looks (clean and not covered in green neon lights :wink:) and I like the name (have you never heard of a hot signal before?), just about everything will expand your sonic palette so that doesn’t make sense as a choice to me.

There’s always going to be differences of opinion on aesthetics but what matters is functionality/sound/ergonomics.
Don’t like the look and the name? Customise it and name it whatever you like, nobody’s stopping you!

3 Likes

I doubt anyone would kick the Analog Heat out of their studio if it were sitting there, waiting for your audio to pass through its inputs and out its outputs after it has done its trick.

Value is always a contentious matter, and expectations can make people emotional.

1 Like

Are the settings on the Analog Heat able to be sequenced, say on a MIDI track from the Octatrack?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. If all of the parameters on the Heat can be controlled via MIDI from a MIDI track on Octatrack or DAW.

Of course this is possible; you can even control a couple parameters by CV or expression pedal as well apparently

Then this indeed does make a perfect companion for Octatrack and Ableton.