Analog Heat VST plugin and Ableton

Having issues with getting my Analog Heat VST plugin to work properly in Ableton. I’m running 1.02 on the Heat and a version of Ableton Live 9 Lite.

So my setup consists of several synthesizers and drum machines running into a mixer, then the output of the mixer running into the Heat, then the output of the Heat running into a Scarlett 2i4. The Scarlett 2i4 USB is running into my laptop. The Heat is also connected to my laptop via USB connection.

In Ableton: I have an audio track with the audio coming in from the Scarlett. I drag and drop the Analog Heat VST onto my master track, but when the Heat VST GUI interface pops-up, there is a loud series of pops coming from my speakers, the ‘waveforms and metering’ section in the VST show a waveform, but then it disappears, and sound ceases to come from both my laptop and speakers.

Has anyone else experience this with their Heat VST? Any suggestions? I’m sorta learning Ableton as I go, so I might just be missing something with regards to my DAW. I have no issues with my Rytm VST plugin though…

Really shitty image of my setup:

What OSX are you using? It is buggy with Mavericks and a few others.

Yosem. 10.10.5

That might be the problem. Send a help ticket in. They responded quickly. They also said that it should be fixed in July.

1 Like

Okay - weird. Went into the Options page of the Heat unit and changed "Options In/Out"to IN+OUT and it solved my issues with VST crashing in Ableton.

However, the crackling still occurred with the VST on startup, but it normalized a second later and I am now able to manipulate parameters in the Heat VST.

Additionally, there is a weird pixel color streak glitch thing going on at the bottom of the VST at the bottom of the EQ parameter (see attached image):

Same problem here, a series of pops are heard and then everything goes silent. The waveform shows momentarily on the AH VST plugin, but then disappears once everything goes silent. I am using the Elektron Overhub for USB, otherwise it is a similar setup as the OP described. If I can’t figure this out I may open a help ticket because the AH is currently unusable and unstable with Ableton live 9 lite. Also Ableton often seems to not detect my AH, asking me to plug it in even though it is already plugged in. My laptop is running Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, Macbook retina 12", early 2015 model with Ableton live 9 lite.

For the overbridge newbs like me out there I wanted to share my fix. Things are working well now and turns out I just needed to play around a bit with settings. Like the previous poster, I changed my In/Out settings to In+Out. Secondly I configured ableton to look like this:

4 Likes