Analog Heat VST crashes Ableton

I’ve had my heat for a few months now, i’ve been using it to resample audio through as the VST just glitches and crashes if i have more than a few channels in my project.

I’d really like to try and sort this out though so i can run it in on a return or just fire it up to resample something within the project.

It really does work great when i only have 4 or 5 tracks, but becomes unusable once i’m really stuck into a project.

Is this just how it is?

1 Like

what’s your audio settings and what OS are you running.

also what are your computer specs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on a late 2013 MBP retina, 2.6ghz core i5 with 8gb RAM.

Running OS 10.9.5, with a Scarlett 2i4 audio interface.

Ableton audio settings are:

sample rate: 48000
buffering: 1024 samples

Overbridge buffer is set to 128

try turning your buffer to 64 or 128 in ableton

and 64 in ob

im running your exact specs for my comp

1 Like

I’ll try that, in my experience when i have my buffer set lower in Ableton, the audio starts stuttering heavily once my project reaches a certain size.

I’m wondering if i might have an issue with my Scarlett as the stuttering stops when i unplug and plug back in the USB for it. Although i have just invested in a Thunderbolt 2 hub which my audio interface runs through now instead of USB. So far i haven’t had any glitchiness so it could well be a USB port issue!

If you are running the same set up, i can’t recommend this enough:

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Thunderbolt/Dock/OWC/Thunderbolt2-Dock/?utm_source=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj

It’s made my set up so much tidier and gets around the ridiculous limitation of only 2 USB ports on the MBP retina.

Also actually utilises the previously unused thunderbolt ports!

1 Like

Hey, did you get this sorted out?