Analog Heat: Tips and Tricks from your favorite Patches

I don’t think there’s any way to set the voltage threshold in footswitch mode, so you would have to vary the incoming pulses.

You can always control the ENV depth knob on the filter page, but if you want to automate that behavior you could use the LFO or external CV source routed to Filter Env.

Shoot, so there’s no way to construct a snappy resonant filter envelope without having to vary the input voltage?

I assumed the Control Inputs could act like a CV/Gate input on a synth - like on a SH-101 for example - the Gate input always receives +5Volts, but it’s DEPTH can be varied with a VCF slider on the synth itself.

(Doing this gives you fast snappy zaps, even with all oscillators off - which is pretty useful)

I know the A4 does this, but I’m interested knowing if this can be done on a Heat. (I think you said no already, but I thought this is what you were referring to initially)

I think you can still utilize the different envelope modes when triggering via control input, in which case setting the Env to AD mode with a short REL will give you those snappy zaps.

With Elektron announcing a live demo of the AH+ with some tricks and Q&A, I figured it would be nice to throw our own tips & tricks.

Lately I’ve been using the AH+ with A4, I really love this pair!
Getting the snappy envelope follower on filter frequency is the basic, but it can be used to enhance the dynamics like an expander, together with some distorsion.

I also like to use the inverted envelope amount on a slight tape noise, to get some sidechain-like pumping on the background noise.

Try LFOs everywhere, you have plenty!
Tape or Chorus Stereo, Bass Focus XFREQ, there are many places where you can give your sound some life.
Get to the point where it’s noticeable, then dial it back a bit.

1 Like

ANALOG HEAT AS A SYHTH!

yes, use the selfocillation of the filters then route some envellopes from your daw true midi in of you AH and sent to FrQpan and Filter freq to start with!

1 Like