Analog Heat sold out in most places. MK3 incoming?

*looks at the one under my desk that I haven’t had time to use yet and wonders if I bought the right thing… *

The Retroverb Lancet has it too.

2 Likes

I think I’ve drawn a line between gear that sweetens a mix (like Boum, Heat and all that) and gear that destroys things in much less pleasant ways.

I think the Boum and Heat sometimes disappoint because people want more of the later than either is really designed to do.

1 Like

As long as you want a compressor that can add character you’ll be happy - otherwise you probably bought the wrong thing :laughing:

1 Like

OK, good. That’s what I want (and maybe some limiting, and maybe some clean-ish boost to make my mixes louder before they go on “tape”).

I have a Rat and an Octatrack for the latter. I’m interested in what the Boum will do in this area too, but I definitely bought it for “finishing” rather than “smashing”.

Also, pedals are hella addictive, no? I’m finding myself browsing all the millions of distortions and choruses wondering why there’s so many and if they’ll all look nice on my bright orange music table.

2 Likes

If you parallel compress with it (50% on the Mix knob) you can get really quite decent ooomph out of it - that’s the sweet spot for gain I’ve found.

Any drive at all will add some colour as there’s not really a ‘clean boost’, but you can get volume without the drive unlike with AH, which I actually found removed volume from my mixes (it does headroom things to allow for the more extreme settings)

This is very useful. Thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

…still some people who will never get it, sure…but ur the first to even rant that u never felt it adding any warmth to anything, meanwhile mentioning in the same so highly profounded “statement” that there were 3 units it needed to come to that conclusion…

ah speaks for itself…at least to users who know what they’re talking about and know some basic secrets about proper gainstaging…and, well, u speak for ur self, too…

but congratultions to ur final solution, that knob with balls…

nottrue

4 Likes

Well, this thread devolved quickly. Let’s keep it civil, shall we?

My 2c- the AH is awesome and can be incredibly gnarly. Don’t see a mk3 coming anytime soon though bc it seems like the AH is one of Elektron’s more niche products.

1 Like

Sounds good. But even better would be 5 stereo pairs and a master stereo master out - so essentially you have a device that enables stem mix down -

With compression EQ and saturation overdrive circuits on all channels -

Virtually every in the box user would need a device like that to take care of the front end mix down -

SSL came close to producing something similar that I had high hopes for - the SSL big usb mixer- but it has so many limitations including not being able to run usb returns through the pre amps -

That’s why I believe Elektron can produce something so necessary to that virtually everyone will need one -

If there was going to be a MK3, I think it would be cool if Elektron added more effects than just distortion. Make it more of a multi effects box.

If they build in softclip and limiter im totally in!!