Analog Heat scratchy master volume pot

Hi there,

I’ve had my Analog Heat (mk1) for maybe a year and a half and now the master volume pot produces scratchy sounds when I turn it.

Any ideas on what can be done about it? I have some Deoxit (both D and G series) but I’m not sure where exactly to spray it, or whether it’s the right move. I hope this is all I have to do, but I’m open to suggestions.

I really don’t want to send it back under warranty as I bought it in Germany and now live in Australia. The last thing I sent back to Germany under warranty for repair took six months to come back, lots of headaches with customs, and the problem ultimately wasn’t fixed.

Any advice would be very appreciated!

I had this with a Mother 32 I hadn’t used for a while. I was advised to turn it fully clockwise then fully counter clockwise for a while, maybe 100 times if I remember correctly and it worked.
No doubt it’s just moving whatever was stuck in the pot but it’s been fine since and spraying will only be the same, albeit with a risk of damaging the unit further down the line.

Make sure you turn the Heat off btw to save your hearing!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion Bob. Appreciate your input. I will try the “back and forth 100 times” option.

1 Like

small Elektron boxes are easy to service. Open it up and give the pot a slight squish with the cleaner. You have to add it exactly to the pot ‘neck’ so it can flow into the pot. For more guidance, go to elektron.se, fail a ticket and ask advice.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to know. I’ve created a ticket.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m having a similar issue with the main volume pot of the AR Mkii…
The ‘scratchiness’ is very obvious with bass heavy beats, and occurs from 70% to 100% volume.
It’s also even more obvious when moved fast.
And is quite a bit annoying.

Have you managed to resolve your issue ?
Thanks in advance

I ended up sending it in under warranty and they repaired it.