Analog Heat routing

Analog Heat set-up question .
Can anyone explain best way to set up Heat so I can choose when and which analog external gear to effect when playing so I don’t have to re-route cables every time.
I have Soundcraft MTK12 with Digitakt & several synths plugged in 5 of my channels on my mixer.
What’s the most efficient way to set up to route audio separately to the Heat ?

Assuming the sub groups have physical outputs, on those outputs and the output of the AH into a stereo channel input. With the channel routing buttons you choose what channels are routed towards it. When using it as an insert, activate the bus button and disable the main bus one. Beware of feedback loop if you set the channel where the AH output comes in to send to the bus.

That’s how I have it set up on my Mackie mixer.

1 Like

Cheers dude. Really struggling to get the heat set up through my mixer. Been using the Aux’S and spare channel to rig the heat up but no joy at all . All I’ve got out of it is a bit louder even when analog is turned off, when I turn it on the effects not doing anything …, weird…
what settings to you have on ya heat for output config?

Nothing in particular. Make sure you’ve set the input sensitivity in settings, that the active button is on, and that dry/wet is set to wet. Although that last one is saved in presets anyway.

Does it work correctly when you plug your instruments straight into it, not via the mixer?

Sorry man , just been watching Elektron in Namm and ordered the Digitone :grin:
Yeh Heat works fine as VST and standalone solo instrument.
Don’t understand why it won’t work through Aux . It’s probably something I’m doing , not had mixer in set up that long :thinking::thinking:

I was watching as well :smiley:

If using auxes, make sure you get pre and post-fader right. In case of AH you likely want to use pre-fader and have the channel fader at -infinity so the original signal doens’t get sent to the main bus. Using auxes might force you to work in mono though.