Analog Heat Resonance taming/control

Hey there,

So, I’m using the analog heat for drums. I like the settings if used subtly and the EQ does a good job. My only concern is the resonance of the filter cutoff. It boosts low end ridiculously much to the point where its not pleasant anymore and needs to be tamed by compressing/limiting the signal externally. Is there anyway to update this digitally or find a way to not make it’s self oscillation so unpleasantly loud?

Any suggestions, help would be most welcome.

Thanks

what resonance values are you using? IME the elektron analog box filters have a stupid amount of resonance available, you almost always need to keep the reso values super low…

Hey there, thanks for the reply.
Well I see what you mean, but this is just incredible how high the volume spikes become and the low end ridiculously amplified so that it shatters speakers… it’s really a lot. Anyways will experiment so more and try out some stuff in order to find sweet spots. Cheers

Also, check the mellower versions of the filters (the LPFs/HPFs with the less steep angle graphics)

1 Like

I don’t believe I’ve found a use for it being greater than 30%. Anything greater than that just screams or booms too much.

1 Like

Yup, going with the less steep filter helps, a little. But I agree. The rezo is way aggressive.

Not saying there wouldn’t be usecases where high resos would be desirable (using low wet values, extreme sound mangling/sound design) but yeah… A little goes a long way. What I love about the heat, as compared to the rytm at least, is the very precise resolution that’s available for all the parameters, making subtle adjustments possible.

2 Likes