Analog Heat or not

8 posts were split to a new topic: Talk about Pulse 2 instead of AH gets nowhere

I found an Analog Heat Mk1 for 200 (plus shipping). Is it worth it to get the mk2 and spend all the extra money? It’s from a reverb seller with good feedback so I’m thinking it probably functions ok, but just to be sure…

That’s a suspiciously low price. I would want to inspect and try it out in person.

2 Likes

Totally. He has 42 five star reviews and I guess if it isn’t functional I can return it despite the as is policy. I saw it 2 min after it posted and bought it :flushed:

1 Like

Well, please report back. If it works, it’s an incredible deal.

2 Likes

Deals like this almost make compulsively searching reverb every 10 minutes all day worth it :sweat_smile:

Dude I’ve gotten some really silly deals on reverb lately for new gear from shops around the US, I don’t know what’s going on but the scoops are happening like crazy. Everyone is upset that prices are rising, and they totally are, but also they are rock bottom if you’re looking right and making the right offers!

2 Likes

Hmmm, just when I thought I was out the Reverb deals creep in…

Hey i have a similar setup like you I have a DJ setup but also have a dawless setup.i have a xone 96 and originally I was looking to add a big sky pedal as I have delay pedal.anyway I seem to be having some gas for the analog heat mk2 aswell so I’m interested if the heat is worth buying which will mainly sits with the decks but would also be used for my dawless setup.ill be picking up the blue sky anyway but just interested in your experience

Don’t use analog if you don’t want saturation.

Hah, I mean, I see it in Reverb history. Wild!

The updates to AH mk. 2 are so minimal that I wouldn’t spend any extra money on it. For the same price, sure get the mk. 2.

I have both a Xone 96 and AH MK2. I love them both, the AH is plugged as insert in the Xone. I use it subtle for jams, and more prominently when tracking instruments via the Xone into my computer when working this way.

The AH is also plugged by USB to the computer and in use it for processing track from my DAW, and lately for mastering, adding that noise that some don’t like, but I love it :blush:

That’s my experience.

3 Likes

It glues everything together really well. I use it on all masters at some point, even if it’s only the clean boost and EQ for some final touches.

2 Likes

Same here! I mix a friend of mine who produces electro music, and that glue factor is great. I suspect the Analog noise at about -60dB is most of that :wink:

2 Likes

Honestly it’s a shame how misunderstood this box is, with so many people just thinking of it as an overpriced distortion unit. Even around here. It makes me think Elektron maybe bungled the marketing a bit. The envelopes, LFOs, filters etc make it like a juiced up Filterbank with REALLY great DAW integration and easy to use automation. It’s also a killer soundcard. I sincerely think the Heat will be a coveted piece of gear once it goes out of production and users realize what they were missing.

8 Likes

and do you have it already?

…as i always like to say…

it’s the most underrated machine in the whole swedish ballpark…
and…
proper gainstaging is KEY!

for too many good reasons i got two… :wink:
and as with all mk2 versions…they’re way more about facelifting issues than about any sound differences…

3 Likes

You have two as well! I think three is the magic number of Heats though.

…haha…i defenitly don’t have any use for three…

one in the studio…one in the live rig…