Analog Heat or not

i run my mt-540 into the heat, makes a £20 keyboard with built in drums sound like a really cool £20 keyboard with built in drums - they cannae be parted now, though i’d like to try with the r8

anyone properly used the analog drive with a guitar? a friend gave me a nice gibson (i think) and would love to know the best way to integrate it (before amp? after amp? etc?)…

I lol’d.

I have been using mine predominantly with guitar- valve amp and pre-amp in to modelers (just add impulse/reverb etc, I use scuffam amps).

It is a very good overdrive and pre-amp (clean boost sounds great on my telecaster in to a clean channel, almost compressor like) and I also use it for trem, vibe, wah (a foot pedal in to the controll is a must)

lovely stuff, thank you

yes - just bought an expression pedal for the mid sweeps, top notch sound like a filter

so a regular amp first, then the drive, followed by my pedal board?

not sure where the amp comes in as i hear some people need two amps if they have a stereo effect at the end of their chain. are amps only for live use or all the time?

Talking about Heat or Drive ? Heat I guess.

Talking about Heat or Drive ? Drive I guess.

:slight_smile:

:speak_no_evil:

I am using a Heat MK2, it would probably be overkill for use just on guitar but I intend to use it to warm up VSTi’s once Overbridge comes out (it will be so easy to route everything in and out via the USB soundcard just before I bounce the VST…at least I hope it will be!)

I’d previously sold 2 Analog Heats but i’m going to get another. The above example is exactly how i’ll use it next time. In fact i’m considering using all my fx pedals this way, with basic fx on my Aux Sends/Returns.

Hope it works out. And don’t discount reprocessing and resampling a sample multiple times!

Yep, absolutely. Going to explore this aspect a lot more.

Cheers!

The @Dataline Sonic State mk1 heat introduction video shows some excellent examples of processing samples, well worth a watch.

Zero debate. HEAT. You’ll wonder why you ever thought this in the first place. Trust me!

Perplexed as to why my post says “after 4 months” when it was in the top most recent posts. Sorry to revive a thread but if it’s useful to some then so be it!

When a user deletes a post and it was the most recent one on the thread, it jumps to the top of the list…