Analog Heat not connecting to OB

Analog heat and overbridge were both working fine until last week. All of a sudden the AH is not connected to overbridge anymore. Anyone else had problems recently? as it looks like it’s a issue regarding apple rather than Elektron. The Analog Heat seems to be working fine when I’m playing stuff through it from my Octatrack.
Things I tried: I re-installed overbridge
I did a factory reset on the Analog Heat
Double checked if overbridge mode was on
Firmware is up to date
Changed USB cables unplugged all other USB devices and restarted the mac every time I made a chenge.
Think I’ll have to do a clean re-install of Sierra but it’s a last resort. The iMac I’m using is only a year old though.

1 Like

And you’ve filed a support ticket to elektron, right?

1 Like

Yep I did last week.

2 Likes

Mine suddenly stopped working last week too.

I hadn’t been in the studio much so hadn’t had a chance to check it out - but can now confirm I have exactly the same issue.

These are the stories that make me hope Elektron begin to put separate physical outs on all boxes. Sucks they skipped it on DT. As much as they devote themselves to making it work there will always be random problems from apple/windows updates/systems etc that are out of their hands. I’d be screwed if I was relying on OB for separate outputs and hit sudden unexpected problems like you guys are having. It’s great to have OB as an option but it shouldn’t be solely relied on for functions that are potentially vital for shows/recording…

Hope you guys get it sorted.

2 Likes

It’s so frustrating . I had to through out my sound card as it wasn’t supported anymore. Now the same thing is happening with Overbridge? It’s a great machine and it adds a lot to the sound and overbridge gives you such more precise control. Going for a clean install but I doubt it will fix it.

Keep us updated - this is very strange. I feel your pain!

Clean install on my mac didn’t fix anything. I’m going to try on a other Mac to see if that 's a problem. Not giving up just yet.

Cool, many thanks for the update. I find it really strange that it’s just the Heat that has gone. My A4 and AR are fine.

That’s really odd. Makes me think there might be something wrong with the firmware of the AH. I wonder if any other people have this problem?

OK, no idea what happened but mine just suddenly started working again. I can’t really explain any of it. Have you had any luck?

There was a Sierra update today. Did you update Sierra? I havn’t had any luck so far :frowning: I havn’t had any help from Elektron either yet.

Yes, I updated Sierra - going to investigate what was in that update!

Sorry, I take that back - I haven’t updated Sierra yet

All I can see that is vaguely relevant in the update is:

Fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played through USB headphones.

I Installed Overbridge on a brand new Macbook Pro connected my Analog Heat and it would also not connect. Double checked firmware and USB setting of the AH again. Think I need to return this one.

I’m working with El Captain on my iMac 2008 with heat at least.

Looks like our issues may have been completely coincidental, especially considering no one else has reported the same issue. Sorry to hear you have to return the Heat.

Currently I’m waiting back from Elektron. They think it could be a faulty USB connecter socket

2 Likes

So I returned it to Elektron and apperentky it was a faulty USB port!
Great to have the working unit back :slight_smile:

2 Likes