Analog Heat Mkii won't turn on all of a sudden

It powered up and worked fine last night, but today it won’t turn on. I’ve tried it with my DN power supply (the DN powered up) and it is totally dead. Any ideas, or contact Elektron? It is pretty new, so must have loads of warranty

Cheers
Russell

1 Like

Unplug the power supply from the unit, turn the switch to on, let it set for a few minutes, turn off, plug back in, and turn on again. I bet it works again.

7 Likes

giving it a go now, thanks!

edit: beauty, works! Phew! Thanks again.

2 Likes

Party :ok_hand: What probably happened dude is that you rocked the switch halfway without realizing it, but then it rolled slightly back to “off”, then you turned it on all the way. If it ever happens again, that’s the procedure, seems to work the same way on the Heat and the Digi-twins.

4 Likes

I guess I did. Good to know, in case there is a next time.

1 Like

My Heat Mk1 suddenly stopped working today. It just won’t turn on, no matter what I do. It had been working fine for years, no issues, and it was even working fine this morning. The only thing I did differently to normal was saving a preset (never normally do), though I assume that probably has nothing to do with it. I’ve tried the the suggestion in the above reply multiple times, as well as testing with various equally-specced Elektron power supplies, and it still won’t turn on. Any other ideas for helping bring it back to life?

I had this problem when the heat was out of warranty. I could not afford to send to back to Elektron to fix. Took it to an electronics guy who replaced the Voltage regulator LT3575FE (part number). It worked again for a bit and then blew again. It was replaced again and the same result. The guy could not diagnose the fault as it worked fine in his work shop when testing over long periods and always blew when brought it home, so i sold it as not working (cut my losses).

I would send it back to Elektron to fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Sorry to hear you couldn’t get yours working reliably. I’m waiting to hear back about possible repair options… Disappointing for this to happen to such an expensive device.

Good luck with it.

I won’t touch any Elektron devices now, as my Analog Keys had problems with no sound outputting soon after. It just sits gathering dust now.

1 Like