Analog Heat MKII and Logic Pro X

Hi All,
I have an Analog Heat MKII (OS 1.21) that is connected my studio Mac (MacMini 2018) running Big Sur (11.5.2) via a USB hub. None of the analog inputs/outputs are currently used. I would like to use Analog Heat via Overbridge in a Logic Pro session on Audio files. When I go to Logic (I am still using 10.6.3 because of the bugs in 10.7 - like no Flex Tuning), I can create a Software Instrument track with Analog Heat as a MIDI Controlled Effect, but when I have an audio file (such as a vocal track) I cannot add Analog Heat as a Audio FX. Is that because I have a setting incorrect on the Analog Heat? Sorry for being so slow, but when the Analog Heat was connected via the analog inputs and outputs to my Apogee Elements, I can use it as outboard gear on vocals etc., and I thought I could do that via Overbridge, but perhaps I was mistaken…

Any advice appreciated.

Analog Heat Settings:
Analog In/Out OFF
Use CC Mode N/A (*unable to change this setting)
USB to Main 0 db
FX to USB N/A (*unable to change this setting)

Thanks, Ken

1 Like

The Analog Heat Overbridge plugin is stereo only, so if your vocal track’s mono you might have to either make it stereo (click the little circle in the channel strip to make it two circles) or run it downstream from a stereo-outputting plugin (I often use Imaging/Spread for a bit of HF width and the Heat slots in nicely after that).

HTH

I’ve had a similar setup with the Analog Heat. The Overbridge plug-in wouldn’t recognize the AH until a security feature was bypassed in the system settings of Mac OS.

Ciao everyone,
I resume this thread because a few weeks ago I added an Analog Heat MKII to my setup (already owner of Analog Rytm MKII).

In live performances I get along very well with the AE, but in recording sessions I can’t record any parameter of the AH on which I manipulate when recording a track.

Let me explain:

• I’m running Logic Pro X on Mac OS Ventura;
  • I use an SSL Big SIX mixer, if it also serves as an audio interface, but when I want to record with the AE, I use this as an audio interface;
  • I activated Overbridge, which recognizes both Rytm and Heat, connected via USB;
  • I would like to send a track already recorded with Logic, as input of the AE and during its execution vary some parameters of the AE over time. I tried to activate the AE plugin both as FX of a new audio track (having as input the track I would like to process), but no signal processing coming from the AE is recorded (in some routing configurations, I hear the processing, but still does not record it);
  • I also tried activating a MIDI track, loading the AE plugin as a SW Instrument, but in this case the DAW does not record any parameters as a midi track.

Of course, if I take the analog signal of the track I want to process, send it as an analog input to the AE and record its output from there, I get a processed track, but I miss two of the requirements I expect, i.e. useless D/A - A/D conversions and above all I don’t record the changes on the AE plugin that I make over time on that track.

Does anyone manage to record the parameters set on the AE (both HW and plugin) on the DAW?

Any other suggestions?

But above all, thank you for reading this far!

[R3Valt]