Analog Heat MK2 lost right output channel

L/R TS in from Digitakt and L/R TS out to mixer. Turned on my AHMK2 today and was not getting any sound from the right output channel. (If I turn mixer way up I can hear some sound out of the right channel that is barely audible)

Note: I am NOT using overbridge!!!

Things I did to troubleshoot:
Checked all cables and connections. They are good.
Connected Digitakt directly to my mixer. Can hear both left and right channels.
Put the Heat into test mode and it showed 0 errors.
Factory reset the Heat. No difference.

On the AMP page of the Heat, I can see both the input and output meters showing audio on the right channel, there’s just very little to no sound coming out of the right output jack on the Heat.

The only thing I can think is that somehow the right output amplifier in the Heat has died? I’ve only had this unit for a couple months.

Submitted a ticket about this as well.

Does anyone know what the warranty process is like? Bought this unit new on eBay if I recall.

Have you registered the product on the Elektron website?

If you have, warranty returns are pretty simple and quite quick, depending on where you are.

Don’t know where you are in the world, but usually you’d sort out the repairs through the retailer if you’ve only had it a couple of months, but I’m sure Elektron will advise you properly when they get back to you.

3 Likes

Can you hear left and right on headphones connected directly to the Heat?

1 Like

Plugging the headphones directly to the Heat results in the same situation. The left side is ok, the right side is extremely quiet almost inaudible.

What happens if you send a source into the left input only?

Sending audio in to the left source only produces the same result. The audio is a little louder on the right side. With the heat’s ON key disabled (effects off) the audio sounds distorted similar to if rough crunch were turned on. Over time, i am hearing some noise and pops in the right side and the character of the overall “distortion” in both left and right (which is very quiet) changes slightly.

Tried every panning setting I could find and it has no effect. Something’s fried?

Probably, based on what you’ve described.

That’s disappointing. Have had this thing for less than 3 months.
I contacted the retailer and Elektron for help. Will keep y’all posted. Thanks for your assistance everybody.

1 Like

Oh, hang on a minute.

Have you checked the filter pan?

Page 2 of the filter section, make sure freqpan is set to the middle position.

I put it on LPF and cranked resonance all the way up.

With only left channel input:
When panned all the way left, i hear slightly distorted (sounds overdriven) on the left side, with a tiny bit of audio on the right side when there should be none I’d think.
When panned all the way right, i hear slightly distorted (sounds overdriven) on the right side, but not as loud as the left side was, and there is very noticable bleedover on the left side.

With both channels input:
Same result but the dynamic between left and right (including the bleedover) and the distortion sound slightly different.

Edit to add: Setting freqpan to the middle position makes the left side a lot louder than the right.

1 Like

Then I’m all out of advice, best of luck getting it sorted.

hi, what was the solution ? i have same issue since today on my AH2

@Fin25 I was never able to find out what went wrong with it. I shipped it to the repair center and waited months for any word. It turns out they could not find it, so they shipped me a new one.

1 Like

thankyou for your answer, i will ship to repair center, we will see, hope they can fix it.
it has no warranty, bought feb/19