Analog Heat mk2 knob latency as plugin

I have some latency issues with the knobs while using the Heat as a plugin in Logic Pro x. I sometimes want to use the knobs on the unit, and when I turn them, it can take up to 10-15 sec before it registers. It happens mostly with the drive, wet, and wet/dry knobs. It happens again every time I change the preset.

Is it a normal behaviour, and if not, is there a fix for that ?

1 Like

I’m finding latency on the filter frequency and resonance. Thinking it might be normal. I originally thought it was overbridge but does that same when not using it. Sometimes it’s fine. Just can take 5 - 10 sec to kick in occasionally I’m finding

Is it not perhaps the fact that physical button is not matching the preset value?

E.g. physical drive button is at 100%, but then you change to a preset that has drive at 50%. If you turn the button to say 70% it’s not going to register. You have to turn all the way down to 50% to ‘catch’ the preset value and then everything will work as normal. This is to prevent the value jumping suddenly when you make a small adjustment to button.

There is a setting where you can change this behaviour, can’t remember the options, but I guess there would be an option to make it jump to the button’s value as soon as you turn it.

3 Likes

Makes sense when using as plugin, but I had issues when running standalone, not using Overbridge. Have sent it back as was in my 30 day money back.

What I described can happen when you use it standalone, if you change preset on the unit itself.

ok with my issue I wasn’t changing the preset. I was simply trying to change the frequency and resonance. I simplified things down to the most basic operations. It’s a good bit of advice for other people though - thanks

…keep in mind, all encoders are in catch mode…they only react once u overun the actual parameterstatus…and make sure ob version matches the firmwareversion…

1 Like

Does this happen on all knobs, or only on the potentiometers (=master volume, drive, wet level dry/wet, low, high, freq and resonance) ?
Does this also happen when you set knob mode to jump?

1 Like

It was just happening on freq & resonance. Everything else was fine and it seemed like it was time based rather than after taking it past some value. What your saying makes sense. I can’t test it now as I sent that one back… It felt more like there was an issue rather than jump functionality though I could well be wrong.

I was getting really annoyed with it. I gave up on Overbridge as latency was massive and it was freezing the box after about 3-4 min and needed to be restarted. so went back to using the I/O via TRS. But when that was iffy as well I sent it back as was within the 30 days…

about time Elektron (and of course everybody else) implements relative value change for all of their boxes… using external gear (e.g. a Touché) is not really usable without this. And reading this thread I won’t buy an AH…