Analog Heat MK2 - Audio cutting out seemingly at random when using overbridge

Hello everbody,

i recently bought the Analog Heat MK 2 to give my beats some warmth/grittiness. So far i am really happy with the results i can get using it. However, i am having frustrating cutouts of Audio mid session. They happen so often that it seriously turns down my enthusiasm of using this piece gear.

I am mainly using the Analog Heat by running Overbridge in my MPC Software. I have both the latest firmware of the Analog Heat as well as Overbridge. Im not using it as my audiointerface, that part is handled by my Focusrite.

A session can go like 30 Minutes of me hoping that it wont “crash”, until it does and then i have to restart the unit aswell as the DAW that i was running (had the same problem in Ableton).

By crashing i mean that Overbridge wont put out any audio. However, i can still open the plugin and adjust the parameters. It also seems to get the input from my DAW. Just the Output is not working anymore. I have a screenshot attached of how it looks once the error has happened. Like i said, still responsive, still getting Input, just the Output isnt working anymore.

I have tried using Overbridge on an individual channel aswell as the master. The problem still happens.

From what i found it happens, most of the time, when i try to manipulate the Analog Heat EQ settings, but changing other parameters even by the slightest has caused the same issue.

Does anybody have a clue why this happens? Is it a bug, am i using it wrong?
Any hint is greatly appreciate, i really want to love this thing but im having a hard time doing so.

Thanks allot!!

Welcome to the forum. It’s always worth searching before creating a new topic. This one was covered recently so you might find it useful:

2 Likes

Yep we’re all experiencing the same issue. Some users got a reply on a ticket from Elektron that they are working on a fix. For now back to earlier firmware. Link is in the topic refered above.

First of all, thank you guys for the quick response! I now downgraded to 1.20 and will see if that helps! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You will still have Audio dropouts but less frequently.

After downgrading i havent encountered this problem anymore. Seems that did the trick. Thanks to all of you!

1 Like

Hey fellas. I bought and recieved an Analog Heat Mk2 a week ago, this problem is persisting with me in 2022. Does anyone have a work around? Im on Logic/ Catalina

Like it’s cool for a while, but then gets the hump when i mess with it too much and cuts out. Have to restart everything, it sucks