Analog Heat in DAW (best workflow?)

I finally got around to playing with the Analog Heat in Logic X.

It seems like the best way (or maybe only way) to get the Analog Heat into the DAW (recorded) is to create a bus from your effected track and record it live into a new track.

This doesn’t seem to have any issues. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other tips/tricks. Any other ways?

Anyone? Seriously? Nobody? lol

I’ve recently switched to running everything through my analog mixer - with heat on its main LR - but I recall just using it as a plugin on individual tracks in logic…but can only do one instance of the plugin at a time so I also recall bouncing in place a heated track…is that kind of what you’re asking about?

Sam

1 Like

Yeah, I thought I made that clear (I guess not). I use it all the time for live and recording after my analog mixer too, but just curious more about using it in DAW.

Bouncing in Logic doesn’t seem to work with the VST. I’ve only had luck re-routing and recording the effected rack.

Bouncing in place using the AU does indeed work for me in logic… But if you have more than one instance of the plugin in tracks or busses etc in the daw, I think it won’t work…

Yeah, I definitely know multiple instances don’t work. I’ll try it again, but it seemed to bounce all VSTs except for the AH.

I don’t use logic, but have you tried to record the channel that you have Analog Heat on to a new audio track? I don’t know if it’s possible in logic, but its worth giving a try. That’s what I do in studio one or I bounce selection within the DAW.

Yeah, I wrote that’s what I do. lol

Just wondering if there’re other ways.

Yeah, I saw that after I wrote it. But kept the answer because I also mention bounce selection. Maybe logic has a similar function. Good luck anyways.

I dont have that much experience with Logic, but have you made shure that the bouncing is set to Real time? Sorry if you already know this. But sometimes one can miss a couple of details like this when trying stuff.

1 Like

Real-time is how I do it as well (forgot that detail), I’m guessing that’s what missing @JunkRunner?

That could very well be what I’m missing! The VST works, and I can rebus the track to record, just bouncing isn’t doing real time, I suppose. I’ll check and update ASAP!

1 Like

Thanks all for the help!

Realtime Bounce mode was the solution as expected.

Any other benefits to Realtime Bounce mode other than using outboard analog gear?

1 Like

Good to hear it worked with Realtime Bouncing. I havent heard of any benefits using Realtime, but who knows. I’m shure someone on “Gearsl***” have a strong opinion about it though. hehe.

1 Like