Analog Heat II project

Analog Heat II project

Have started my work on “record” all my tracks through AH. See link to file (list) of tracks and which preset is used. See also link to bandcamp where the spiral and rainbow-colored covers are the ones that are “reborn” I have started from work 81 and work my way to the beginning. Also details about sound volume in the excel file. The work to restore the tracks will probably take the whole year. Posting this info because it might be interesting in audio research and see what a great product AH is. (All other tracks that have not yet been edited were previously also recorded through AH but the sound volume is way too high and not “healthy”)

remaster, förteckning verk

https://hakanolsson.bandcamp.com/

10 Likes

Project completed. 658 tracks, 88 works (albums). It took 68 days to complete. All tracks have been run through Analog Heat II. Probably the AH in Sweden who got to work the most. Average LUFS value: -19.04. Average True Peak Max: -6.55. Most used character: Enhancement (on 149 tracks) Least used: Classic Dist (26 tracks)

8 Likes

That’s true commitment, not only to the Swedish colour box but to raw data! Bravo.

1 Like

Get some food and rest.

2 Likes

That’s when he realized the unit was still in Bypass mode…

10 Likes

…the swedish colourbox… :wink:

can spent truu colours to everything…

2 Likes

So. What did you learn or feel about the outcome?

Were any of the tracks transformed in your opinion?

Was the process unifying? Or did it overpower uniqueness?

Did it act as a boost in contrast? Or flatten out sharp details?

3 Likes

The best way to explain is to replicate Dr. Frankenstein’s feeling when he succeeds in his experiment and brings his “monster” to life. That’s pretty much how it feels to me when I put my creations through Analog Heat. They arise and are carried out by a force that is stimulating and life-affirming. Otherwise they are just lifeless without meaning

5 Likes

Ah, so you’ve created an unholy monster, in direct defiance of God and now your tracks will break free and terrorise the local population.

Yeah, nice. That’s what I use mine for too.

7 Likes

Updated my tracks again - now through AH+FX. Took the opportunity to sacrifice 571 of my songs to the great creator. Being self-critical is not easy but necessary. So 255 pieces remain, now divided into different works with titles. Very easy to go overboard with the AH+FX. You have to put some restraint on yourself. Finally found myself mostly using Compressor and Bass out of the digital effects (Bits and Chorus were never used). Average value of integrated LUFS is -12.3

3 Likes

My biggest problem using the AH is forgetting that there is a wet / dry balance and going all or nothing all the time!

1 Like