Analog Heat +FX OS 1.00: bug reports

If you’re using the analog inputs, have you tried using different audio cables?

There is no issue with the audio cables.
Because when I close the Overbridge, the audio is just coming in L+R, and all is functioning.
Only when I start overbridge, it’s only audible for L
See also the pictures that audio is coming in on L+R on the Heat+FX

But I will enter ticket @ Elektron.

1 Like

For anyone dealing with the low output volume issue, I was able to pretty much match the volume with/without overbridge by cranking the input dial in overbridge, maxing out ‘level’, on saturation with the drive at about 40%.

However, I still think it should be possible to match the volumes with no drive at all. For example, if someone wants to use the analog heat + fx just for the reverb or delay. I’m hoping Elektron hears us out on this and gives us more control over the output volume.

2 Likes

The volume drop hasn’t bothered me much.
If I were toggling between bypass and active a lot it might get on my nerves.
However I’m mostly using it as my final signal processing and leaving it on.
After adjusting drive/compression, dry/wet and levels, it’s for sure loud.

I know that’s not ideal for some, but that’s been my solution, keep it active and adjust to taste.

I just adjust the output to match the input, though I have the Virus input fx plus the T-Resonator to boost if needs be. The three-knob approach of level, gain and blend gives plenty of control for my needs.

I’m vastly enjoying having a Heat in an effects send/return for Ableton Live, it really excels at parallel processing of any digital material, and makes heavy analogue stuff sound even meatier.

The -FX are the icing on the cake, worth the extra cash for the gate and compressor. The extra LFOs can all be used subtly on various parameters for surprisingly nuanced sounds. I haven’t saved any patches yet, always start from init patch and sample the results. The envelope follower is the star of the show with the Heat series IMHO.

I haven’t found a single bug happen to me, must be very lucky!

1 Like

As @Jeanne has noticed here, the midi input to AHFX is not working when custom midi channels are assigned (the default channels 1 and 2 respectively work, but setting those to different channels will not permit external control)

3 Likes

Elektron support has confirmed that the output volume levels are being addressed in the next OS update!

2 Likes

I’ve discovered something quite peculiar: when bypassing the +FX chain and operating in analog mode, the signal intensifies and the noise floor diminishes, leading to a superior Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR). Strangely, enabling the digital +FX—even with all modules bypassed—adds noise and diminishes the signal, resulting in a noticeably poorer SNR.

2 Likes

I dont know if this is a bug or a defect. My Analog Heat +FX is running 10-20 minutes then the output drops out and i have to reload the patch. Then the sound is back for the next 10-20 minutes. I had a look in all lfos and mods. there is nothin routed to the output or amp. i switched all mod etc off. Does any one have the same ?

:::: edit :::::

It must be the preset. I builded a preset from scrat out of the “Init Patch” and this problem is not there anymore. I tested it now for some hrs… so it´s the preset i think.

1 Like

I’d say don’t hesitate to contact Elektron about that first. In both case, it’s not good :sad:

1 Like

This has happened to me a few times.
I’m not sure if I did something to cause it or not.
It’s been very random though, only happened maybe 3 times.

i did a new Preset from scratch from the init Patch, i tested this now for a few hours. The problem didn´t happen. so it must be on this preset witch came with the unit. So before i write to the support and open a Ticket, i will tet it more days. Thanks.

2 Likes

There is a setting what should be sent over USB and it can be with or without FX. Check the manual how It needs en be set :relaxed:

1 Like

I sent a CV track from Analog Four to the control input and I noticed that it doesnt do much compared to my AHMKII.
Anyone else noticed this ?

Hey, I have a problem with exponential lfo set on trig mode and with reverse speed (so, basically a lfo that quickly rise up when triggered). It doesn’t work at all, on the screen, I just see a vertical line, like a very sharp transient. It works nice with positive speed. Anyone got this too ?

Help! I’m having a very weird problem. On the first three Heat + FX circuits I’m getting extreme distortion/crackling/drop outs on the right channel only. Most of the other circuits work fine. Tried everything I can think of, changed cables, checked headphone output (same), performed calibration and factory reset. Input level is at medium and below max level. It didn’t start until the second day I had it, so was hoping it is software, but may well be hardware unfortunately. I bought it used, virtually new on reverb so not sure Elektron will deal with it, will they? Started email exchange Thursday but obviously nothing happening over the weekend. Thanks.

1 Like

I also got some severe noise issues in just one of the channels, had to return it via the retailer I used as it was a hardware issue.

If you bought it used, I would personally consider returning it to the seller.

Do you remember what channel it was on?

I have a pretty high fuzz sound on the very laser distortion channel (don’t remember the name) but I thought this was maybe normal due to it being the most extreme distortion. But maybe there should be any noise heads when no sound is processed?

It was all of the channels, but the harsher circuits displayed the issue more. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m hoping it won’t come to that but it is definitely my plan b.

1 Like