Analog Heat : Feature Requests

FILTER MODULATION FOR LEFT & RIGHT CHANNEL INDIVIDUALLY

Filter (freq+res) modulation available separately for each individual stereo channel.
Accessible through midi. LFO, ENV assignable. Similarly like frequency of filters in A4 can be modulated by an ENV or LFO either separately or together (e.g. LFO DST: Filter1 freq vs Filter1+2 freq)

Considering FREQPAN on AH, I presume that it would not need a hardware mod. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Mid/Side routing would be nice without using overbridge.
Iā€™m somewhat sure itā€™s not possible to do it via a simple firmware update - because itā€™s a hardware thing. But it wouldā€™ve been a very useful addition to the MKii.

2 Likes

I have bought the Analog Heat mk.II, and personally canā€™t believe how good it is. There is honestly very little this box leaves me wanting, but for a few key pointsā€¦

Here are four controls I believe would make for a fantastically useful second AMP page :

ā€¢ BPM

ā€¢ Balance (i.e. stereo panning)

ā€¢ Phase (0-127 = 0Ā° to 180Ā°)

ā€¢ Gradual stereo field inversion (-63 = normal; 0 = everything collapsed to mono dead centre; +64 = inverted L/R channels)

With the last three of them assignable as destinations for the LFO and Envelope.

Now THAT, would be absolutely mental, and would round out the device exceptionally well, I think!

10 Likes

I very much agree! A random glide waveshape would be great for that application. I made a patch akin to what youā€™re describing on the Minibrute (it has just such an LFO shape :slight_smile: but it can affect several parameters at once, among which volume and pitch!), and things can get gorgeously gnarly!

To have that option over a whole track in stereo would be quite cool indeed. I understand why pitch mod would not be possible, but stillā€¦ together with the filter, saturation and compression capabilities of the AH, weā€™d have ourselves something of a time machine! Hahah!

All the best!

Iā€™ve usually got Abletonā€™s Utility before and after the Heat plugin to manipulate the stereo field, It would be awesome to have that control while using it standalone!

BPM isnā€™t an issue if youā€™re clocking from an external source, although it would be cool if you could sub-divide and create super slow synced LFOā€™s.

I hope support for the audio interface for windows xp and 7 will happen sometime soon

I hope quite the opposite is the case - that they donā€™t waste precious development resources on supporting outdated operating systems and Iā€™m quite confident they wonā€™t.

3 Likes

Itā€™s about the only thing that is still missing though, aside from eventual bugs (havenā€™t been able to test). And I think it existed in a previous update as well.

XP and 7 are very old , i doubt many are using it and likely to be major tech issues in doing it.
i doubt the latest pc games are being made for XP ā€¦ hell why not ask for a dos / command line versionā€¦

its time to update.

1 Like

Please Elektron, add a screen saver to the mk2 :pray:

5 Likes

Step sequencer

3 Likes

Coloured screen and more knobs via firmware update ?

3 Likes

The only reasonable request in this thread.

1 Like

Actual heating elements to warm my studio ?

Itā€™s almost winter.

1 Like

Free patch pack?

Mine gets pretty hot actually

1 Like

dual mono operation

:open_mouth: thatā€™d be neat.

Analog Neat?

4 Likes

well that was quick :wink:

6 Likes