Analog Heat audio interface sound quality

Hiya,

I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy Analog Heat…just wondering about the quality of sound when using it as an audio interface. I read through all the threads I could find but only really saw one relevant comment…

If you record guitar/synths etc. through it, how does it sound? Is it good enough? Doesn’t have to be incredible, but good enough for final recordings etc. 24bit/48khz should be good enough, what are the converters like? Good stereo image? Detail?

Thank yee!

Comparable to something like the Soundcraft 12MTK conversion IMO (ie. “mid-tier” quality). Certainly won’t be stopping anyone from making good music with it. “Is it good enough?” questions are impossible to answer comprehensively, as I do not personally know you, your expertise nor your expectations in detail. IMO there are millions of other factors outweighting the end result way more than conversion quality, like the sound of your instruments, your playing ability etc…

For anyone real fussy wrt conversion, I believe going analog and thru boutique conversion will sound superior. But is the diff worth it to you, only you can say…

1 Like

Sure, I hear you. Thanks for the reply. I understand your points and have a decent studio set up with good pres and converters, was hoping that the heat would be good enough to record synth and guitar through while travelling.