Analog Heat as "Effects panel"

Hi quit new but having so much fun making music!
I currently own a Digitakt for samples and sequencing. Novation Circuit for kick, hats, + bass line and Aruria Microfreak for crazy synth lines (sequenced from DT and sampling to DT). I also have a small and super cheap effects padel but I’m not fond of the way it work at ALL… :frowning:
Would it be possible to replace this padel with the awesome sounding Analog Heat? I totally click with the interface of the DT so using the AT feels logic?
Should I use the AH on the FX Send of my mixer? So the kick etc. won’t get effected by the AH. Or can I setup the AH at the end of the chain (so after the mixer) without getting distortion on the sounds I don’t want distortion on… Or is there another, better way?

Thanks!

Danny.

Hi, I have moved from using AH on the master to using it as a send effect. Both are obviously possible, but I prefer the send fx routing to add distortion to some of the sounds in my mix. When I used it on the master, I usually stayed within the much tamer settings. Btw, I would not call the AH an “effects panel”. It is much more a sound shaping and distortion box. I use a dual delay/reverb pedal (Source Audio Collider) on another aux send.

2 Likes

While it is possible to process just a specific frequency band with the AH with careful configuration (i.e. only the highs or lows), it’s almost always better to use it as send effect and send just the signals you want to be processed to it.