Analog Four - Takes A Bashing

Hi,
I’m gradually becoming the owner of Elektron equipment; a Machinedrum a year and a half ago; an Analog Heat more recently and, 10 days ago, an Analog Four. I love all of them.

With my new found Elektron interest I have been reading more and more on this forum add things are now more relevant to me; previously it was only the Ableton forum that I would frequent as I have been an Ableton user for 10 years. Anyway. . . to return to the topic . . .
I’m quite suprised by some of the negative press the A4 gets around here. Maybe I missed the boat and the initial tsunami of enthusiasm for the device has gradually worn off. Maybe the announcement of the MKii has turned some people’s heads. However, I find the device truly terrific. I read about concerns about bass, and even Elektron seen to suggest there are weaknesses with their promotional statements about the newer version and how it will provide improved bass. However, I find that the A4 rattles my walls perfectly well. Perhaps my naivety is on display here and there are other devices that would cause my neighbours to sell their houses or the local fire brigade to try to identify the tremors that are being generated from my music room. However, I must say that I’m not sure what I’d do with that much power of it really does exist. It reminds me of a Pirelli advert a while back that stated: Power Is Nothing Without Control. Surely there is no greater level of control than the A4.

Anyway, to finish, I guess I’m trying to say I’m suprised with the negativity for this device. It seems to be truly wonderful. And I know that I should disregard other’s views; they have no effect on my enjoyment after all. But, I’m intrigued: has the good will faded for the A4 or are the lovers of the device busy using parameter locks save assigning LFOs rather than enthusing about the little black box on the net?
Cheers,
Adam (Gradual Elektron Enthusiast)

3 Likes

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Another A4/AK praise thread