Analog four stereo overbridge issue

Hi!
I’m using an anlog four mk1 with overbridge 2 and everything works really fine.
As is a mk1 device i have to deal to usb bandwidth for individual tracks out/fx out
(Overbridge tell me i have a maximum of 16 channels, is it expandable? Maybe altering the buffer size? Dunno)
The fact is that the 5 tracks are all set to stereo! And overall, the pan control on my tracks are not working, nor on the machine neither on the vst
Is fine if the fx track is stereo, but i would like my tracks to be mono, as i would use 6 channels (4 tracks mono + fx stereo) instead of the actual 10 tracks out of 16 i’m using now!
Somebody did have the same issue?

The fact is that i’ve just bought an AR mk1 and i wouldn’t be in the maximim usb width if i want all the individial outs on overbridge!
If i can have the tracks in mono i should stay in the 16 channels! (8 from ar, 4 from a4, and the two stereo fx=16!)

in my opinion the bandwidth limitation is per device not over all.
No problem with a4 but on the rytm you have to stream main outs over analog connection. Then you have the fx channel on the main outputs separate.

Didn’t know was per device! Thank you!

Overbridge just forwards the audio from the tracks as-is (stereo streams) before the master fx and the mixer section. The track pan control doesn’t influence the track up to there.

It’s the mixer section which gets instructed by the pan control how to mix-in the track into the master.

got it, so it’s pre pan… well i don’t really get why it is like this, is not a problem panning all the stuff from ableton, but surely from my machines is faster…

It’s just like that, here is the architecture from the Overbridge manual, Green are OB outputs or inputs…

Going to Overbridge before the AMP envelope? That doesn’t seem right …

1 Like

It’s looking at it from Overbridge’s perspective, Output in that diagram refers to audio sent into A4 tracks from the computer, Input is input to the computer from A4…

OK I can’t read lately, it’s still before amp envelope…

Yep :smile:

1 Like

That does seem weird, I checked the older OB manual and it shows the same. On AR its post amp envelope but still pre-pan…