Analog four mk 2 : midi + arp

I’m sending a midi signal from ableton live to analog four and wanted to ask, if there is a way of Arp of analog 4 could work on that?

Hey,

i have the same question. Anyone have the answer?
would be great…

Thank You!

Can you elaborate a bit please? Are you playing a chord in Ableton and want to know if you can have it arpeggiated by the A4? If so, I believe you need to send MIDI to the autochannel and have the track selected with the arp that you wish to use.

If you’re wondering if the A4’s arpeggiator sends MIDI out so you can use the arp on external gear, it does not. Only the OT does that across the entire Elektron family.

yes… exactly… I play a chord in Ableton to arp it. I send it to Overbridge channel 1 for T1. I can play chords but if I switch arp on. there will be no arp.

I never dug into Overbridge when I had my DN or A4 so not sure if that’s possible but you could use the myriad arp/sequencer options in Ableton instead. Just drop an arpeggio device before the OB plug-in. Should do the trick.

If not using OB, then I believe you just need to send MIDI to the auto channel with the track active.

1 Like

Thank You so much… I was confused. It is like you said. We need to send the Midi not to Overbridge. We need to send it directly to the external Midi input of A4. Autochannel is not needed for this operation.

Have a great weekend! All the best from Berlin.
Chris

2 Likes