Analog Four mk 1 (Just bought) my questions

It depends on what you want to do, and what role you intend for each device.

You might not need a MIDI-CV interface given that two AFs would provide 8 channels of CV/Gate control over your modular.

Not exactly sure, or what is possible, but would probably want the A4 mk2 to be the Master controller and clock, using the 4 tracks, and use Digitakt as a slave somehow for sampled sounds and drums, and 4 more tracks with the A4 mk1 and eurorack to have same clock to run my other eurorack sequencers etc etc.

Does anyone know if there has been any discussion of an Analog Eight being developed? I dont mean an Octatrack, but a Analog Four clone version with 8 tracks? That would be awesome. I would hate to buy an A4 mk2 prematurely, and have it become obsolete, since its been out a few years already. Since most of the architecture on the A4 is already there, Elektron could do it reasonably, maybe $1600 list total…I would buy it on day 1… Now that I think of it, isn’t that kind of a Digitakt? which I already own…hmm.

Several forum members have wished for this, but Elektron does not pre-announce products so anything you read about such a product is pure speculation.

1 Like

Well, that is certainly possible.

1 Like

so, how do I configure the Digitakt to work with the Analog Four? Thru midi or is there a better way? I want to be able to hear all 12 sounds at once. 4+8. I haven’t used midi in about 15 years. Quickest way possible, please.

on Analog Four, if I change a track or Pattern and want to go back to the original, how do I do it?

Trying to upgrade OS for MK1 A4 from my Mac, 1.35B from Sept 14,2018 upgrade.

I downloaded the sysex file, and connected the USB cable, I am in OS Upgrade on Global setting menu, Message window in a4 says ’ waiting for Sysex’ but don’t know how to get it sent into the A4… there is nothing on my Mac screen where I can send the file to the A4, no icon to copy to, no Application etc. ?? Please help.thanx

Never mind, I figured it out…
I needed to download the Elektron C6 OSX for Mac. it worked! Cant believe I did it, I’m never good at these upgrades.

1 Like