Analog Four/MI Braids and CV

Hi, has anyone set up the AF and Mutables Braids?

Yes, whats your question? They work like a charm together.

Seconded. LFOs and envelopes from the A4 in Meta mode is very interesting

Just can’t get it to work. Is there anything I have to do with the CV out from the AF? I have trig and pitch out but I can only hear the trig. Any special values I should be aware of? The Braid settings?

I’m not sure, but Here are my settings…
AF Volt/Oct and Trig (or gate)
Braids: Turn the internal VCA on. Check the Amp Env Parameters. Set TSRC to external.
Check if the A4 sends out pitches that Braids can receive? Maybe the A4 is sending pitches that are to low or something. Try higher octaves. Just an idea

Thanks, will try this out:)

I have
Note 1 C0
Voltage 1 3.000 V

Note 2 C6
Voltage 2 1.000 V

The A4 shows the lowest octave

That looks very strange. It’s 1 Volt per Octave. So the higher the octave the higher the volt right!?
Here you have 6 Octaves, only 2 Volt difference, and the higher Octave also has the lower Volt.

I am in the process of learning this so it may very well be strange:) Ok, thanks for helping. I will try a few things.

What kind of cables are you using? Braids should be fine with what you are sending it there.

You’re definitely set to V/Oct, not Hz/Volt?

Yes V/oct

I’d try something along the lines of:
C3 0v
C6 3v

If you go far below c3 on the A4 however it might be that the voltage from A4 combined with the coarse setting on the module adds up to a negative voltage, which may lead to no sound coming out.

In that case try the transpose function on A4 and see if sound comes out if you transpose a few octaves up.

Perhaps an open door: you did open the volume of ext in on the fx track??

1 Like

The very useful http://analog.pen.io/ is dead…so lots of question regarding the CV/GATE will pop up again in the future…

Anyway, first thing first:

1. Do you have the right cables? Please describe.
  2. Which outputs do you use (A/B/C/D) ? Are they the same as the ones that you set up?

It may sound stupid, but these are common errors…

2 Likes

Tried all of the above, nothing…
Can´t find this in the Braids menu:

|\FM, |\TIM, |\COL and |\VCA control the amount of frequency, timbre, color, and amplitude modulation from the internal AD envelope. Wh

Maybe a clue?

Now it is up and running, one more thing. The response from pushing notes on the AF gives av very sporadic behavior. Every few note just disappears.

I guess you have to set TRSC to EXT on Braids, so that it recognizes every trigger from the A4

poly setting disabled?