Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Thank you Automatt. It’s now working on a new project with K-2 and TB 03 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am sure, saw this a few times yesterday
When they just came out, there was no screen protection. Mine had 128 burned into it, i play at 128bpm regularly, but had a repair
Later the screens dimmed, already good
Now the screen turns off (black).

2 Likes

mine go blank after an hour, I assumed this was new

2 Likes

happy days then!

1 Like

thats great then! Im always worried about accidently leaving them on and burning the screen

1 Like

From 1.35/1.45 the display was dimmed after a couple of minutes. From this update 1.40/1.50 the display turns off after an hour

4 Likes

Oh. Mk2 that is…

1 Like

i cant see that in the notes, i belive everyone because a few have said it does,
but im just going to test it for myself on my own one now to put put my mind at ease

1 Like

But a track level of zero still uses an internal voice ? i think. So when using a track to play a 3 notes chord with midi, it also consumes 3 internal voices , is that right ?

only if polyphony config allowed it

The MIDI feature is not a machine, which would be great to protect a voice on a MIDI track and free it for poly elsewhere

You will only lose a single voice even if you use 4 notes of MIDI - but only if no poly on that track

3 Likes

Still missing: Adjusting the brigthness of the LEDs. Would be awesome. I like low lights.

4 Likes

One aspect which is presently a pity, say for example you were prepared to give up your open Hi-Hat track in favour of using longer p-locked decay on the closed Hi-Hat track

So if you disable the Machine the trigs on the OH track will still take priority over the lesser track even though no sound will be produced internally, this will mute the CH

Things aren’t much better if you reverse roles, give CH a Disabled Machine and OH a CH engine and the Tr10 hats will take priority, however, they will be cut short if any trigs happen on the next Trig of the underlying track

So making an exploit of the simplified midi functionality isn’t that trivial - it would be good if the Disabled machines were more invisible in terms of track choking

Nonetheless, midi on both tracks will not be choked irrespective of either voice configuration, but the possibility to MIDI exploit the 4 ‘spare’ choked tracks is diminished - something that can perhaps be reviewed !

On the plus side, If you give up one whole shared voice track pair, then you do get two independent MIDI tracks (each limited to 49 midi notes, mono, with no retrig)

Longer term, a MIDI machine with 4 notes would be nice, especially if it was resolving these voice choking issues and freed up a greater range of notes somehow, perhaps via a simple transpose

4 Likes

thanks this answered a lot of AR MIDI out questions in one

1 Like

So, if I was to layer up my rytm mk I with drum sounds from my RD-8, how would I go about this? The RD-8 only accpets MIDI from a single channel. I can remap the incoming notes to the boices of the RD-8 no prob, just need the note numbers, but can I somehow use this MIDI out functionality to send all rytm trigs out to just a single MIDI channel?

If I manage to solve this, it will greatly speed up the making of my upcoming RD-8 soundpack for rytm mk I :wink: Cuz then I can write a pattn on the rytm, have it playing from the RD-8, and then I can just mess around with the rytm synth params until A/Bing rytm and RD-8 produces favourable results

1 Like

OK thanks, sound good to me.

1 Like

The AR receives midi from 1(any) channel over the lowest possible midi notes 0-11

If you want to transmit on 1 channel you could try to set channels the same in midi config and see if it plays nicely internally. Iirc sharing midi channels can make for complications (wrt A4) but you could also try setting pads to external only, this may help internal conflict.

By setting a different note value for each track you can trigger different notes, but the range is limited (and presently broken relative to tapping the pads) out by 2 octaves

Try it and see is best advice

1 Like

anyone else with a4mk2 having a blue SND button backlight?

Nope - go to test mode, Hold Fn whilst booting up
select 1

Then 1=whitescreen, 2 =black screen 3 = test red LEDs

SND should be RED, not sure of a mode that would allow it to be blue

3,4,5 test RGB respectively

2 Likes

Elektron thank you very very very much.
I’m proud to be customer of such nice brand that grands us, many years after, with a great upgrade.
:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I have requested this one too. It will make editing a breeze. It was the first thing I was missing coming from Ableton Drum Racks.

Looking forward to try the Quick performance knob now with multiple macros.

I would have really loved to be able to assign more parameters to the scenes per kit since it’s rather limited on the Rytm.

1 Like