Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Does anyone else find it awkward that when auto selecting a track it triggers the sound?

EDIT: I guess I can turn pad destination to EXT only, but it effectively makes finger drumming one or the other.

1 Like

Sooo… does anybody know? Can I download the beta version of Elektron Transfer that’s compatible with Analog Four?

Does this mean the two hat MIDI channels on the RYTM will always choke off one another, if using, say one of the channels as a MIDI OUT?

I think the voice sequencer and the midi sequencer are the same. Internal voices and midi can’t determine the difference between the two.

I believe the AR is strictly 8 voices, but with an allotted alternation of those 8 voices.

I could be wrong, but that’s been what I’ve seen from it

2 Likes

That’s just playing a Track though - use the old method to select a Track (Track+Pad) if you don’t want it to play the Pad

The benefit of auto select is that you can see the settings for the sound you just heard, if you don’t like auto select it can be switched off

5 Likes

There is no MIDI choking, I wouldn’t have expected there to be tbh, the MIDI side is reading Track sequence data it doesn’t need to know if the circuit is capable of handling that (if a shared voice pair)

In any case, there’s no MIDI choking

8 Likes

Ah. OK. I guess I imagined it more as a quick way to access a tracks parameters than it being an easier reference tool.

2 Likes

It actually doesn’t work in here :confused:

1 Like

Ah! I was wrong then. Good to know.

In hindsight, midi choking seems like it would be more of a feature than a limitation

2 Likes

Would love to update my A4MK1 but I don’t want to lose Overbridge 1.15… It’s a difficult choice !!!

1 Like

Ohoo clever clever :smiley:

1 Like

I could hug you. Thank you sincerely!

1 Like

Hi Cenk, amazing update! Is it possible to disable the midi track from triggering the internal synth while sending the external sequence? A practical use for this would be to have something like an Ableton Drum rack sequencing the A4 while the A4 sequences an external synth.

Also, sidetracking here a little but maybe you or others can weigh in on this, I put off using the Public beta of OB and went back to using the Closed beta because the updated version ran automatic latency compensation when first opened, this was a problem as I send all midi clock from my Audio interface, this requires fine tuning midi clock delay but this latency compensation thing throws all that out and makes it impossible as it does this every time it loads. Has there since been a way to disable this? I opened a few tickets but got no response. I know it’s slightly off topic but it’s relative as I’ll need to upgrade OB if I want to use this new OS.

Thanks.

You could always sequence using the CV/FX track?

anything coming into a A4 track will always supersede the sequence data anyway

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken(which I’ve already been today), once a track receives external midi, it completely turns off its own sequencer data to the track, no?

that’s what the post before says, I agree then :wink:

the point being you can’t have a dual sequence going - which I guess was the intended use case being questioned

1 Like

Are parameters slides or note slides going thru midi out ?

1 Like

definitely not

2 Likes

YESSSS!!!

Scale per track on AR, wuhuuu :smiley: makes me very happy. And parameter randomization as well. High five! (sound of very loud high-five)

2 Likes