Analog Four issue with multiple trig edit

Hey all - long time reader, new poster here. I just purchased A4 mk2 and having an issue

Say I have trig 1 set to note C, trig 2 to D, and trig 3 to E; and I want to set all three of these trigs to have the same filter cutoff point. I hold all three trigs down, move the filter control to where I want it, and release the trigs. I would expect all three trigs to maintain their respective note assignments, and to all be set to the same filter cutoff value. Correct?

The issue is that when I release the trigs, all three are now playing the same note (say, note C). It doesn’t happen every time - maybe every other time, and it seems to be affected by the order I press the trigs down, and the order I release them - but I haven’t been able to find a consistent pattern

Is this user error? Or a bug? Can’t find in manual and haven’t found an existing topic on this

Thanks in advance!

I had mine on so quickly tested and it works ok for me…
filter changes and notes stay set to CEG.
maybe it’s how you are releasing the trigs double tapping or something?

see if releasing the trigs one at a time helps

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tested this more thoroughly and you’re right - it’s somehow double tapping the trigs, and setting the double-tapped trig back to a “C” note (as if I was pressing the trig for the first time without making a note assignment)

It only happens when I hold down more than one trig. When holding only a single trig, it functions as expected with no double tapping. This makes me think it is not an issue with the hardware, or at least not the physical trigs themselves

I’m experimenting with different pressures while depressing the buttons, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. With a firm, medium, and light pressure; about 50% of the time, at least one of the trigs will register a double tap and revert back to “C”

This is making my head spin. Any advice from anyone here?

1 Like

The buttons have a lot of travel… I was doing similar things when first got mine you will get used to it

I totally understand why it would seem like an inconsistency with how I’m pressing the buttons, but I’ve had a digitakt before this and have never had this issue. Unless there’s something big I’m missing, I think there’s something wrong here :confused:

I’ll reach out to elektron directly and see how I should get this sorted. I appreciate your help!

@maxmitchell I think I’ve got exactly the same issue as you here. I’ve actually found that if I hold down 8 trigs all at once for a few seconds it registers tons of button events and the whole machine goes a bit weird for a while trying to process them all. Also the same as you, I’ve never had any issues with this on my Digitakt.

I contacted Elektron support and they told me it’s a known issue with an upcoming firmware fix. No indication of when we’ll see it though. Kind of hoping this might be it Analog Four OS 1.40b

4 Likes

yep, same, I got confirmation some time ago that this is a bug.

Perhaps related: it’s hard to simultaneously toggle 3+ mutes in performance mode. Some presses randomly (?) don’t register.

1 Like

Yep, got exactly that too. Looking at the MIDI CCs I’ve found that it’s actually double registering the presses when it does that.

1 Like

Thank you both for chiming in here. This had actually slipped through the cracks for me and I never reached out to support about it. Very glad to hear this is an upcoming bug fix

And yes I’ve experienced the issue with multiple mutes in performance mode also