Analog Four Effects stopped working

Hi

The effects on my analog four stopped working.
I still had the OS 1.21 C installed and yesterday the effects stopped working.
Today I upgraded to OS 1.22 but there is no improvement.

Didn’t anyone else have this problem or has anyone an idea how i can fix this?

Please, don’t take this the wrong way, but I just want to make sure–because it’s the sort of thing I would get worked up over and not realize the most obvious possibility (like, where are my keys? Oh, in my hand the whole time I frantically looked for my keys)–is the effect track muted or the volume of the effects track reduced to 0? Just making sure all the bases are covered.

fx track volume? in the sound routing are the FX going to main out too. are you in ÓB mode?

1 Like

Thanks for the answers.
I didn’t mute the effects track after i rebooted the A4 a few times it worked again. Not sure what it was.

Updated to 1.35B, two days later my effects stopped working in the box. Did factory reset, reloaded the firmware and no dice. Decided to try the new OB beta and upgrade os to 1.36 beta… when running OB I can control the effects, when I disconnect and go back to the box, the effects do not work again! FX not muted, volumes is up… can’t figure it out and it’s shut down the creative process as I have made this one of the center pieces.

So maybe a key bit of info was I switched from Mains to individual tracks out - which appears to be the issue. No effects on individual outputs 1 - 4.

That’s normal behavior as the individual outputs are always dry (no FX). Reason is that these are a single block of 3 effects to which each track is sent, so there’s no way to get an audio stream that’s just the effects acting on a single track separate from the other tracks, it’s all lumped together.

4 Likes

It should be clearly stated in the manual for those new to synths with multi outputs.

Have a look at the audio routing diagram in the manual.

Thats what I did to confirm that effects only work on the mains.

I’m having this issue. I can’t get any effects at all, reverb delay etc. I’ve monitored through the headphones to make sure. FX track isn’t muted, FX volume is up and all tracks are going to FX in audio routing. I’m completely confused as to the issue. Any help gratefully received.

Have you checked the Performance macros?

1 Like

Have you tried restarting and creating a new project to see if the issue remains?

1 Like

I‘ve had that too in the last year. It’s a hardware issue. You need to send your A4 to Elektron for repair.

2 Likes

Will try that thanks.

1 Like

Sheesh. I already created a ticket with elektron, let’s see what they say. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

So the FX work in a new project. I was able to isolate that Kit A FX are not working and the rest are fine. I cannot find any reason for them to be switched off, but I’ll overwrite Kit A for now. Thanks alot.

3 Likes

Ah ok, that’s hopefully good news in terms of hw issue even though I guess it’s a bummer for you in this situation anyway.

Fingers crossed it was just one hiccup!

1 Like

…user error. :content:

Performance macros can override an apparent setting, so it’s easy to overlook their effect.
They’ve been the culprit in most of my apparent bugs for this reason.

1 Like