Analog Four 1.50 & Analog Rytm 1.60

Same here. No reaction from this Button after updating to 1.60.
But try this: press and hold PLAY and then press RECORD -> the Rytm go to pause…
Strange behavior :thinking:

Just upgrade my A4 mkI with 1.50 and overbrigde also but still fails in measurement so it won’t work :frowning:
Any idea??

still fails implies it’s not related to the firmware update if you saw it before - I can attest that OB works for my A4 Mk1 on an old Mac

Obviously do everything by the book - uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, set device to OB mode etc etc

If it’s still not working (and you are on windows) discuss how to properly delete the previous OB installs thoroughly or search the appropriate threads - this isn’t most likely to relate to the firmware

2 Likes

I also have the same issue where my RECORD button stopped working on the RYTM after update to 1.60…anyone find out what was the issue or better yet the fix?..

Please open a support ticket. We’re investigating.

7 Likes

I had this on my A4 mk 1 too (a while back, so not related to the firmware update). The fix outlined in this post by Olle fixed it for me:

Your channel config is corrupted or set to no in/out. Go into the control panel. Make sure that at least two in and two out is active. Press apply, reboot the unit.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Off topic posts

lol way too many i guess lol

Hey! 'Just chiming in to say thanks for the killer upgrade, Elektron!

2 Likes

This is a really cool upgrade - thanks for making me lose all track of time and go to bed way after midnight last night. :laughing: Today at work will be interesting.

2 Likes

Are the colours subtler/changed since the update? There was something about changed pad and button lighting for the transformed versions. But on the grey Mk2s?

Yes some buttons colour have changed

AR MK2 grey here, I noticed swing and fx button changed to purple and yellow from blue.

I like it more now.

3 Likes

Awesome. Yeah, I saw that some colours had changed for certain things. Like pink LEDs for accent trigs, etc etc. But the pads are still super bright, right?

Yes super bright- when working with low light and playing a pattern it looks like a Xmas tree😀

I want to get an A4 mk2 black and I was thinking that having a black and a grey is better than 2 greys

1 Like

Ha. Wait til the black OT shows up and really confuses things. Shame there’s no way to turn down the brightness of the pads. I’ve seen some videos where it looks like the camera is being moved inside and outside repeatedly! Also, for flagships, it does seem odd to not have brightness settings. Even the Models have three levels of brightness for trigs/pads/lights, the same for the screen and nine different levels of contrast! Anyway, thanks for letting me know nothing has changed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes indeed this is why I was waiting to get the OT-
In my case I feel the OT is better for non linear drum beats, experimental, hip hop, glitch IDM and everything beyond.

The AR is great but I feel it is better for techno, experimental, EBM and anything TRXxX beats oriented.

I checked some retailer in UK and their stock level is healthy and someone told me that they are not expectIng an OT update.

Let’s see.

1 Like

Sunglasses? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey,
Sorry if wrong thread…
I’m using iPad with A4 mk1 (in USB MIDI mode). Works great.
I want to add OT to the mix for its sequencer (note, cc) and cross fader (cc48).
I figured that this latest update would enable me to use A4 as midi interface between OT and iPad.
“Added the functionality that the tracks set to SEND MIDI now also forwards the incoming data from external MIDI controllers to the MIDI OUT port for control of an external device.”
Notes and ccs do reach A4 from OT fine, but they are not forwarded to iPad.
I went through all the settings but can’t figure out where’s the problem. Am I reading too much into this new feature?

In theory this should work, but it seems, that the usb midi is only forwarded to midi out (via the tracks channel) if the incoming midi is coming in on autochannel (and the track has send midi switched on)

hi im using 1.50 os on my rytm and want to get the new os
is this the right order to do it

save projects to pc
install new transfer for windows
install new over bridge
load new os

is that the right way or is there a better order to do it?..help needed please and thanks