Analog Four 1.40A & Analog Rytm 1.50A

AAAAAAAAhhh!

Analog Rytm List of changes from OS 1.50 to 1.50A

Bug fixes

MIDI notes output by sequencer was offsetted by two octaves. :slight_smile:

Sequencer incorrectly sent out MIDI notes on lock trigs. :slight_smile:

Synth parameters couldn’t be received over MIDI CC/NRPN. :slight_smile:

Tempo-synced LFOs used project tempo when pattern tempo was enabled. :slight_smile:

Some menu options couldn’t be toggled on/off with the arrow keys.

Pressing another bank key before before pattern selection timeout closed pattern selection, instead of initiating pattern selection for the new bank.

Parameter values lingered after being randomized, until [PARAMETER] was pressed again.

Analog Keys/Four List of changes from OS 1.40 to 1.40A

Bug fixes

Tempo-synced LFOs used project tempo when pattern tempo was enabled.

Sequencer incorrectly sent out MIDI notes on lock trigs.

Early startup menu reported “d ERROR” instead of “0 ERRORS”.

Some menu options couldn’t be toggled on/off with the arrow keys.

Pressing another bank key before before pattern selection timeout closed pattern selection, instead of initiating pattern selection for the new bank.

Parameter values lingered after being randomized, until [PARAMETER] was pressed again.

[KEYS] HOLD MODE did not work correctly.

In rare situations when loading a project, an unsaved active kit could be associated with the wrong kit. :slight_smile: for @Unifono and others!

12 Likes

Thanks for saving my A4s ass!

4 Likes

Awesome!

Thanks Elektron for the quick follow up! Delivering like crazy!

4 Likes

Nice…

Note that the manuals for AF/AK and AR were also updated today.

8 Likes

So when using a midi keyboard and the A4 the auto channel still doesnt work ?

1 Like

The A4 was working with the auto channel on my QuNexus with v1.40.

Edit: One thing I should note, and I have no idea why it would actually have an effect. I did edit the QuNexus so that its default MIDI channel was the A4’s auto channel. (instead of just changing the channel on the Qu or A4) That SHOULDN’T make a difference, but thought I’d mention it.

Yes. Can Elektron please fix this issue where you can’t actually audition synth connected with live record? Only internal voices or sequenced midi, not live record through midi out to external voice.
One is restricted to internal voices only, even though one must mute an internal voice upon sequencing external voice- kind of contradictory aims!

Big oversight, and basically unlike any other modern midi sequencer (e.g. Pyramid or Entropy Engine). I don’t want to have to use a midi merger for this when live record from external keyboard is a feature of the sequencer. Therefore midi out should support it. Some of us like to use real keyboards to compose melodies across octaves. Particularly with Rytm, where there is no keys option.

This also makes A4 not have parity with Keys as a module that can be paired with external keyboard, and instead A4 is restricted to 1 octave mini keyboard for live recording. Makes no sense.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I would also really appreciate the live record fix. As @js230 said any other modern sequencer works this way.

Also is there any word on a fix for the trig condition bugginess? Is this being worked on?

And this from the Rytm5.0 thread from @Zac_Kyoti : “the program change bug where connected Elektrons that have master length set to INF change patterns a bar late - that’s still not fixed? That’s insane, how many years has it been?” I’d love to know if this is being worked on as well.

In general it would be nice to have some feedback from elektron to know what’s being worked on so if people need certain features to work they will be able to make decision to buy other sequencer or to wait.

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic discussion

Sorry, wasn’t trying to come across as a jerk. :smiley: It’s more that I’ve noticed a pattern every time what I consider to be good news (firmware updates / new features) is posted. Carry on!

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the issue with midi notes being sent on lock trigs!

Blockquote
Tempo-synced LFOs used project tempo when pattern tempo was enabled. :slight_smile:

I composed a couple patterns on 1.4 (using the preset Acid Baby from some preset pack-- it’s one of those LFO Acidey pattern sounds) and now under 1.4a I’m not able to get it in time like it was before. It’s like the LFOs speed can’t be fine tuned quite enough.
The pattern (using pattern tempo) is 100, and I assume the project was either 120, or 99.9 (which is what it was when I started composing, though I’m not sure how this works since this was a project I had started before 1.4 came out).

Anyway… TL:DR - I composed something with the bug and it sounded great, and now it sounds crappy. Any genius ideas? I don’t really want to downgrade.

Scrap it… make something new without the bug ?

1 Like

I hear ya, though I just released the track on bandcamp and was looking forward to playing it live in the future.

1 Like

All sequencer tracks can now be set to send sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external

This change made me actually buying some A4 incarnation finally possible. Absence of this functionality was a deal breaker for me. Glad that it’s finally added. But TBH it should’ve happened long, long, long time ago, Elektron.

sends note on/off and velocity data over MIDI

Not much, but it is something.

There is now an option to set a specific tempo for every pattern within a project.

Again - finally!

Added the possibility to set individual […] (speed of track playback set in multiples of the current tempo) per track.

This is new and nice. Good stuff.

Pardon me, but what is Elektron Transfer? A link will do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Also wishing for external MIDI to pass through the device so I can live record MIDI Out sequences! It’s strange because the internal keyboard functions the expected way, but doesn’t really have enough keys to use in a substantial fashion.

1 Like

Just to help re-write history for any future searchers: it does seem this was addressed in 1.50 :heart::

2 Likes