Analog 4 Trig ARP Overlapping

Hey there,

When sequencing my A4 from my DT in MIDI, I sometimes send overlapping notes (say note LEN is 16 and I’ve got a trig at 1 and a trig at 9 on the DT sent to CH1 on the A4, the first one will continue playing while the second starts playing). This lets achieve cool effects with the ARP enabled on the A4.

Is there a way to achieve this on the A4 alone? If I input a trig at 1 of LEN 16 and a trig at 9, the trig at 9 stops the first one completely (which is the expected behavior I guess, but overlapping would be cool if possible).

Yes. See the discussion of configuring polyphony in section 9.4 of the manual.

1 Like

That’s what I thought of first and surely polyphony lets long notes overlap, BUT the behavior with the ARP is not the same:

1. With polyphony disabled, the ARP plays as normal (each arpeggiated note interrupts the previous one)
  2. With polyphony enabled, the ARP plays… overlapping notes (each arpeggiated note plays over the previous one)

What I want is the first behavior, so a monophonic ARP. But:

• When the A4 is played by MIDI (or with the keyboard), TRIG 1 plays during 8 steps then plays intertwined with TRIG 9 during 8 more steps.
  • When the A4 plays by itself TRIG 1 plays during 8 steps and the TRIG 9 plays, not intertwined at all.

So it’s less a matter of polyphony than a matter of maintaining the note length information (which I guess the MIDI ensures).

1 Like

Okay, I didn’t appreciate the specifics. So if in the second dotted scenario, trig 1 is a whole note, trig 9 is a whole note, the arp note length setting is short enough that the notes from trig 1 by themselves don’t overlap, and polyphony is enabled on the track… does that work, and is what you want?