Analog 4 Mk2 RELOAD Pattern/Sound question

Wondering about some key combinations as I am going through this process learning my A4.

As per page 82 in the manual:
[YES] + [SND] saves Sound.
[NO] + [SND] reloads Sound.
[YES] + [TRK] saves Track.
[NO] + [TRK] reloads Track.
[YES] + [PTN] saves Pattern.
[NO] + [PTN] reloads Pattern.

Save/Reload Pattern works fine.

I have an issue with reloading sound [NO] + [SND] . The key combination seems to have the same effect as a Track Clear function, ie [TRACK] + [PLAY].

Am I missing something?

What I am aiming at is similar to workflow on DT/DN: while working on sound designing, at any moment (while pattern has been saved), you can hit [FUNC] + [NO] to revert to the last saved state.

Also, [YES] + [TRK] and [NO] + [TRK] does not seem to save/reload track.

Does it depend on whether the kit has been saved?

Personally I would do this by using [NO] + [KIT} to reload the kit. But you need to make sure the kit is saved first.

Edited - reload kit is NO + KIT!

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice.
I have not yet understood the relation between kit, track and sound.
I knew I was missing something: saving kit first.

1 Like

Once the kit is saved, if I start tweaking a sound (say on track 1), can I revert to the last saved state of that sound through reload sound or reload kit is the only way?

Also waht would be dthe difference between reloading a sound vs a track?

Track = The sequenced part. By reloading you can revert a single track to its originally saved state but leave all changes to other tracks untouched. So no forced reloading of the whole pattern.

Sound = The sound associated to a track. Which is part of a kit that is linked to your pattern. You can revert changes on individual pages of a sound by pressing [ParamPage]+[No]. Not sure if there’s a way to revert all changes for a single sound at once…

Edit: [No]+[SND] reverts the entire sound. Obviously.

2 Likes

@Kraus and @B_LD
Thanks for clarifying this.
It is now a lot clearer.
:pray:

2 Likes

Note, for reload kit, I should have said [NO] + [KIT].

The shortcut for save kit is [YES] + [KIT]. You should get in the habit of doing this often!

1 Like

Thanks @Kraus :pray:
I have taken this habit very fast after both you and @B_LD did take the time to clarify.
Thanks a lot for taking the time :pray:

1 Like

To make it a tiny bit more complicated, we could also consider the case when you change to another pattern.

I have now the habit to save the Kit (yes+Kit), switch to a new pattern, then save Kit as new, generally with the name of the Pattern.
This way I avoid to destroy previous work.

3 Likes

Thanks @LyingDalai for the extra info.
I had gathered that a new pattern would mean a new kit but was not sure on how to proceed as per over writing original kit.

1 Like

If you want such behavior, there should be somewhere a “Tabula rasa” project that can be used as a template for every new Project: it assigns from the start a different Kit to each Pattern.

I did one quickly:

1 Like