Analog 4 mk1 filter failed calibration

Hi there I have an issue with my a4 mk1.

I noticed a strange resonance peak when playing chords. The 3rd voice in each chord would sound as though res was at maximum and also not obeying the any filter envelop settings. I have run multiple calibrations and consistently fail with a filter 33 code.

It seems to be the multi mode filter that’s the issue on voice 3. Is it dead? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

I’m on the latest firmware, but have tried calibration on this os and earlier ones to the same result.

Thanks

1 Like

I doubt anyone here can help you with that, since there is clearly a deeper problem. I would suggest to contact Elektron support.

1 Like

Yeah I have lodged a ticket, but no response yet since sweedish holidays. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered a similar situation and what I should expect next, if it’s a big deal or some sort of software fix etc.

So you are in poly mode with each track has is own sound ?
Your patch seems to be interesting !
sorry for you

No, I’m just playing polyphonicly on one track at a time. I don’t get what you mean?

Reviving this long dead thread to share that I’ve encountered the exact same problem, and to ask if anyone else has encountered it since, or if you received an an answer and resolution from Elektron @Theretherethere?
Thanks!

hey mate, i never fixed it as it was gonna be pricey to replace the dud chip. it was a pretty intermittent problem so i kinda lived with it, until selling.

Thanks! Sad to hear it’s a pricy fix. It hardly seems intermittent in my case. Within a few minutes of boot Track/Voice 3 is all fizz, low volume and no bottom-end.

I just got the unit secondhand last Monday. Ran the Test Mode as soon as I got it, and no problems showed up, but it seems to register as an error only when I reboot it and enter test mode after the units been on for a bit. I’m hopeful the seller will be cool about this and take it back/pay for the fix.