Analog 4 CV out - envelopes fast enough for kicks?

Hi,
I just saw, that the A4 also allows Envelopes to be sent through CV. Did anyone try using those for making kicks (cv 1 to vca and cv 2 to pitch)? I am using maths for it at the moment but being just a decay stage basically they are somewhat limited in terms of how the sound decays. Are the A4 envelopes as fast as maths?

I can’t say from personal experience as I have never used the analog 4, but technically speaking there is nothing which would keep them from being as snappy as they are internally. Midi usually has smoothing on it to keep from getting jagged noises, so this often effects the snappyness of midi envelopes, but CV has no such limitation.

So is the cv out envelope exactly the same as the internal ones? They seem fine to me.

I might be wrong, but I believe they are using cv internally to control the analog parts, so there shouldn’t be a difference between using it internally and using the CV out. Like I said I have never used the analog 4, so I can’t say specifically, they might be doing something weird to the cv output but I wouldn’t expect that.

Previously on Elektronauts:

4 Likes

I just tried. It works pretty well. When setting the output range to 0-10 V the VCA ist still a bit open (using mutable instruments veils) so I had to set negative values for the low value.
Don’t need more sounds off the a4 but it is great seei g that the envelopes ard fast enough