Analog 4 as fx processor

An initialised factory preset. Taking all settings back to the basic factory default. “Init” is what’s being referred to here.

2 Likes

Yes, I cleared the tracks, and it’s the same. Compared with the Ext In it’s such a lot of noise that I just can’t use it…

Do you use Track Level and Osc Level at 127?

IIRC yes. Do you increase overdrive ?

Audio example ? (EXT IN and OSC1)

i would rather go for a dreadbox typhon or korg nts-1 as a effect processor…and send the a4 in. unfortunately there is no delay AND reverb choice at the typhon, so the korg nts-1 is the best solution! cheap, flexible, small and sounds huge!

1 Like

Let me disagree, A4 seems better to me in that concern.
Buy a Typhon to send A4 in ?
If you already have A4, try its possibilities before…

Typhon is mono in left, not practical with minijack in, sync delay values are meh. I prefer its distorsion and reverb compared to A4, but I found A4 better for external audio, especially the filter envelope part.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like my Typhon, and I sold my A4.

NTS1 better than A4 ? How ?
I had it, sold it the day after.

No, bot touching overdrive.

I could send an audio example showing both behaviors, but the noise in OSC huge, considered I have zero noise with EXT

The delay and reverb on the A4 are good, but there’s only one choice for each. NTS-1 comes with several, including a decent shimmer reverb, and has an SDK for third parties to write effects. Even I wrote a tiny mod effect (which just has pan/volume controls for the input treated as two mono sources, so I can use it with two monosynths.) As an effects processor, NTS-1 is quite cost-effective with little user effort, and a respectable add-on to the A4. As a synth, it is fairly limited.

4 Likes