An hour searching, cant find how to back up via transfer

Id assume this post would get deleted my mods because there’d be a couple dozen posts on it but Id also assume that ‘how to backup’ would be easy to find on the elektron site. Who knows whats true any more…? shouldnt that be on the same page as the OS upgrades, maybe at the bottom with the other, very related FAQ questions…? anyhoo, just kinda bewildered and hoping to do a back up tonight as I finally wrote that banger, smash hit of the century and knowing my luck, aliens will indeed descend from on high, whilst I slumber and delete my every little beep and bloop. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

from the manual, page 18:

6.7 BACKING UP THE ANALOG RYTM
It is always recommended to make regular backups of your data. Backups are also a convenient way to share your projects, Sounds, and samples with other users. To make backups and transfer files to and from your Elektron device, you should use Transfer, a free application that you can download from the Elektron site https://www.elektron.se/support. The application is available for both Windows and macOS.

6.7.1 BACKING UP PROJECTS, SOUNDS, AND SAMPLES

You can backup up your projects, sounds, and samples from your Elektron device to a computer. Here is the general procedure for how to back up your device:

1. Connect the Elektron device to the computer via USB.
  2. Open the Transfer application on your computer, and then select the USB MIDI port(s) for your device on the CONNECTION page, and then click “CONNECT” (or click “CONNECT” next to your device under PREVIOUSLY USED if it has been connected before).
  3. In Transfer, click the EXPLORE tab to open the EXPLORE page.
  4. On the EXPLORE page top left side of the drop-down menu, make sure “MY COMPUTER” is selected.
  5. On the top right side, in the drop-down menu, select the type of file you want to transfer.
  6. In the window on the right, navigate to the files or folders you want to transfer
  7. Drag and drop the files or folders to your preferred location under “MY COMPUTER.”

6.7.2 TRANSFERRING BACKED UP FILES TO YOUR ELEKTRON DEVICE

Use the EXPLORE page in Transfer to transfer previously backed up files to your Elektron device from a computer.

1. Connect the Elektron device to the computer via USB.
  2. Open the Transfer application on your computer and then select the USB MIDI port(s) for your device on the Transfer CONNECTION page. Click “CONNECT” (or click “CONNECT” next to your device under PREVIOUSLY USED if it had been connected before).
  3. In Transfer, click the EXPLORE tab to open the EXPLORE page.
  4. On the top right side, in the drop-down menu, select the type of file you want to transfer.
  5. On the top left side in the drop-down menu, make sure “MY COMPUTER” is selected.
  6. Under “MY COMPUTER,” navigate to the files or folders you want to transfer.
  7. Drag and drop the files or folders to your preferred location on your device.
  8. Depending on what file type you send, you might encounter pop-up windows asking you to decide what files you want to send and how you want to organize them.
1 Like

Whats a manual? Emmanuel? fascinating :nerd_face:
thanks lol

I should be thanking you! It’s not everyday that I get to help save a chart-topping tune from total armageddon :alien:

3 Likes

The manual is often a piece of paper that hides your new gear under it when you open the box.

1 Like