Amp Settings question

Hi,

I have a sample kick layered with a synth kick. I wanted to reduce the attack of the kick and played with the amp settings I reduced the hold time and increased attack. I like how the kick sounds but when I play the kick twice the second kick sounds as if the amp settings are disabled.

Let me rephrase that: When playing the kick fast the first kick sounds like the settings in the amp but playing fast the first kick is ok but the kicks after that sounds like the settings in amp section are bypassed. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

First, when AMP/HOLD is at the min, it’s in fact in auto setting : you might want to dial the exact value you wish to have here.

The you can use an LFO set on to restart on Trig to avoid your artifacts, if needed.

Someone else will be able to better explain, but if I understand it correctly the envelopes don’t reset. Thus, if the hold/decay is long enough, and the trigs are close enough, the hold/decay time essentially overlaps the next trig.

Playing with such settings helps, plocking hold/decay ect. Also, the hold is by default is AUTO, connected to the note length on the TRIG page. Plocking this might help, too.

1 Like

yea thats it but I really dont understand the way the amp settings work. Maybe I have to get used to it becuase for me it is kinda odd that the attack is connected to hold etc.

Filter Env reset was recently introduced, Amp Env reset should therefore be on the horizon … well, someway after the new product

1 Like

Envelope reset is a common request. :hm:

I hope so! A start setting for the synth would also be nice I have a lot of phase issues right now because it is not possible to delay the start of the synth. Like a sample kick for snap and the synth for the tail…

First thing. Turn down the decay. Default is infinite which means after the first trig it’s on. Which kinda cancels other settings.

5 Likes

You do this with two trigs, one with the synth disabled, and one with the sample disabled, amd microtime these very close to each other. In such a scenario, the non-restarting envelope is actually useful.

2 Likes

finger crossed

1 Like