Ambient Noodling: pulsn on machines

Just some short noodling on Rings + Digitone

13 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

Wonderful… what a great combination of elements. Have you tried passing it through a Clouds?

1 Like

To my own shame i have to admit, yes but i cant get Clouds to produce clear Sounds without nasty digital distortion…i still need to understand and learn that module first better. Rings output btw. is HOT. I had to reduce Digitone Input Low to 16.

Ive never owned Clouds but almost every demo/review I’ve seen has left me salivating for one - I suppose it is meant to be used mildly given how grainy/distorted it can be… one day…

It’s instant Ambient :wink: Apart from that however its indeed hard to control. I did not manage to actually play it like a Synth yet. Although it has a 1V/oct for Pitch - the Tuning is always odd (could also be a calibration thing on my side). But firing out those Grains and slowly washing them out until youre left with a bed of sound is always a pleasure! :slight_smile:

I use it mildly. I like it bigger grains. Also I don’t overuse it’s reverb most of the time. Using only a bit of the density parameter, big grains (size paramter), pitching it to a nice intervall and keep the texture quite low gives me nice results. Then using some slight random modulation of size, density and position. I love it.
Attenuated modulation is really important especially if you use smaller grains.
I quote the developer here :slight_smile:
"The key to use this module is to feed Random source into its CV inputs to randomize the grain parameters (otherwise all grains are the same and wow, you’re stacking 40 delayed versions of the same audio signal… no wonder it’s muddy). Any “granularizer” plug-in will have randomization built-in, but Clouds doesn’t have any randomization built-in because hey, it’s a module, you’re supposed to make it happen with external modulations… "

And it doesn’t stop in the stock firmware. There is the parasites alternative firmware with 4 additional modes.

Absolutely beautiful!
I planning my first Eurorack case, because of „rings“ and a few other Mutable Instruments modules. Resonators are awesome!

1 Like

btw. Very nice!!

1 Like

Thank you!

I guess Marbles Stages and Clouds are than perfect for each other.

More noodling.
Digitone for bass and arps and some nice drone. First Elektron box that i like to use as a synth more than for sequencing…
Prophet 6 for lead arp and even more arp.

4 Likes

Modular jam on Rings, Clouds, Marbles, Stages. Digitone as FX box. Recorded in Live 9. Added pad from Synplant. Pictures from Cracow and Hamburg.

1 Like

Modular Jam. Digitone for FX and Bass.

2 Likes

Roland SH01a jamming:

1 Like

Elektron Digitone and Roland SH01a jamming together:

1 Like

Arturia Microbrute plus Teenage Engineering PO-20

Sunday afternoon ambient jam with only Analog Four Mk2 and Digitone

1 Like

Analog Four only song. During the recording session this track turned somehow into this monstrous Gabba Ambient thing…

2 Likes

Something old i rediscovered on my HDD. Must be like 2012. Images from October 2018.

1 Like