Ambient Loops with the Digitakt (thanks to loopop)

After being inspired by loopop’s video on tape looping textures with samplers, I decided to have a go with similar sources (piano and birdsong). Thank your for the inspiration.

10 Likes

just saw the video this morning and was really inspired by it as well. I like not using the sequencer, but then u lose the ability to do parameter locking. Still, really cool and minimalistic use of the DT.

really dig your vid.

1 Like

Was a great idea. I’ve seen some ambient artists use the same technique with live recording also, no sequencer. I’ve also recorded some videos with a similar technique using the sequencer with differing track lengths, and random Hold LFO to Start to give the variation and overlap.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting. I really like the concept of using the Digitakt as a tape recorder. I will be making some ambient stuff with it and see how it goes. Got a digitone? curious to how that would be like with the digitakt.

1 Like

I’ve not tried it but perhaps you could use trigless locks in this circumstance which would then open up the door for a bunch of trig conditions too?

Yes, lucky enough to have gotten a Digitone, which I love. It excels at creating ambient stuff, but it is such a versatile synth. The 2 paired together would provide infinite possibilities.

1 Like

You can still use the sequencer, just make sure to trig the samples with a 1st trig condition. Then you can add trigless trigs further along the sequence to change parameters. Putting % conditional trigs on them also makes them more interesting, or letting the sequencer run really slowly.

4 Likes

Ooooh I get it. Yeah that sounds reeeally interesting now. Then the sequencer would be completely independent from the actual loops. That’s pretty cool.

1 Like

Perfect