Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

love the MD. it was my first elektron too.
an MDuw mk3 with their modern software interface I would sell a kidney for. :drooling_face:

I thought of trying to do some quick instagram vids (especially now that I have a good audio interface for my phone) but they really weren’t that interesting visually. The sounds are kindof cool and I might upload some of the jams. The ultimate plan is to see if these individual layers play well together. But I’ve been enjoying listening to them separately on my phone.

But video wise: it’s about as exciting as a still picture of a Machinedrum and another instrument. Which is still kindof sexy.

How do you proceed ?
I use CTR 8P, assign MID machines parameters to it, modulate them with random lfos.

MD, one bar, midi loopback, Mid machines with Rdm notes playing other machines.

Sure. Easier with much more possibilities. So I think I’ll use OT to sequence MD most of the time.

This is excellent!
Regarding your “RDM Test” tune, could you be more specific about what you mean by “midi loopback”?
And the machines played by theses midi machines are internal MD machines or external synths/drum machines?

MD only. 1 bar with machines played randomly by MID machines, with midi loopback (midi cable between midi IN and OUT)

T1,2,3=kicks, T4 MID controlling them
T5,6,7=snares, T8 MID controlling them
T9,10,11=HH/Cym, T12 MID controlling them
T13 RAM R1, T14 RAM P1, pitch +36 (1 oct)
T15 CTR 8, setting MID machines notes with 3 lfos
T16 CTR AL, rdm lfos on Syn 2 (decay), filters

Oh my, this is deep use of the MD. I’m not there yet :slight_smile:
I will dig into this!

this is a great idea, thanks for sharing.
created my own rushed bastard version last night.
shitty whatsapp capture: https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/c/4cfb2142e6b65690674805b76625e630f702ec51.ogg

looking forward to exploring more

Just wanted to chime in here real quick to say that I got a Machinedrum (non-UW) in a trade against a Digitakt yesterday, and I think the reason I didn’t like it the first time I had it (5 years ago) was I probably didn’t understand synthesis all that well. Having learned a lot over the past few years, I see so much more potential in this thing now, nevermind hear a lot more potential in it now. The FM machines particularly are really cool. Can’t wait to dig even deeper. :slight_smile: