Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

In my case, it’s more about improving chances of happy accidents :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok collected enough MD power juice. I think today it’s time again to turn that thing on and experiment :smile:

2 Likes

+1 difference: setting trigs on the ctr all track

1 Like

After struggling with trying to directly sequence my Machinedrum mk1 with a modular sequencer, they just couldn’t connect right every pattern, possibly wavering voltage.

I finally got my CV to Midi flowing the way i want it for this session:
Eloquencer eurorack sequencer w/cv to midi module, sequencing the Digitakt & OB-6,
whilst the Digitakt sequences the Machinedrum (which is way more straightforward).
One clock from the Eloquencer to get that groove moving.

2 Likes

Just got this thing, barely know what I’m doing but already loving the craziness (see attached demo).

Only thing Im having issue with so far is the outputs distort pretty easily from too much bass as you can hear in the video, and also I can’t really tell if the Compressor is working :smiley:

I advise to track down Tarekith compilation of tips and tricks from Elektron Users era… Full of interesting insights.

5 Likes

Yep. Worth it.
http://tarekith.com/assets/machinedrum_tipsandtricks.htm

2 Likes

the master eq gain is set to max by default. try lowering that to zero to get more headroom and avoid clipping.

4 Likes

The thing I don’t understand about the Machinedrum and Monomachine is: how the fuck did they managed to make them sound so HD. There is no other instruments that I can’t think off that sound so well “defined” and “clear” . Sounds almost pop up from my monitors… I can feel them physically . Does anyone have any insight on how this was achieved from a hardware/ software point of view?

2 Likes

command set_hifi machinedrum 100
-hifi setting for “machinedrum” has been set to 100
command set_hifi monomachine 100
-hifi setting for “monomachine” has been set to 100

Easy :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Waw! definitely a computer genius behind the programing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was wondering about the same thing! Nothing sounds so ‘real’ and tangible.

I actually got MDUW after watching your video haha. struggling with jargons from manual since English isn’t my first language but it sure is hella fun having it to make terrible sound XD

1 Like

Any MD panels on the market? Im looking for a MD non UW version panel! Emailed Elektron a few months ago but they are all sold out.

Ask @sezare56, he used to have one spare :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate, will hit him ik with a pm

It’s a black one, though. Not an official one. But beautiful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a spare uw panel. Bought one of the dick malibu black ones so i have an extra.

1 Like

That’s exactly the setup I’m rolling with now. I was all set to trade up the MD for a Digitakt but I’d forgotten how damn good the MD sounds. It just blends so perfectly with the sounds I’m getting out of my small eurorack setup.

If anything, I think the MPC Live might get the chop instead. At heart I’m still better with the Elektron workflow.

OT combined with DN may beat MD…:content:
Give me one DN.