Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

Thank you!

You can adjust the voice routing via SYSEX (MIDI).
MegaCommand does this to facilitate audio-queue / pre listening as you’ve described.

Can’t send the audio to two channels.

2 Likes

Thank you
Two channels not really needed.
But que prelistening would be great to have.
Oleg

Didn’t know that, pretty cool :blush:

I’ve been wanting a MDUW for years now, and somehow I never listened to myself and always got other things instead… Now, I finally got one a few days ago, and I just… ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I can’t believe how good it is, how good it sounds, how fun it is! We clicked immediately! it feels natural and easy to me, somehow, way more than the Digitakt, which is supposed to be easier!
Wow!!!

Now what do I do with my Digitakt? I hate sampling drum sounds, I like having them onboard already, but I do like experimental sampling though… Do I still need it?

4 Likes

There’s an active topic going on here:

1 Like

thanks!

some pure md riddims for the md love thread

15 Likes

Sick riddims!

Thanks for sharing, MD and OT and AH are my favs Elektrons. Resurrecting a MM atm (fingers crossed that I jive with it as much as the MD) one day the silver trinity will be united like some sort of musical Voltron.

I have a 2001 Original 2 Bars Machinedrum and I’m still using it on a regular basis. Love this Machine. I also have a Digitakt and an Analog Rytm mk2. All those Machines have their purposes. Love them all. Don’t compare, just play.

7 Likes

I got a non mduw plate for my mduw. MD love always and ever but man do I love having the all black screen window instead of de blk/wht

1 Like

just recently got my MDUW back from the shop… i’ve always told everyone that it’s my favourite instrument of all time and i could never go without it, little did i know how true that was! i was antsy the entire time i couldnt get it to turn on and while it was out of my hands, i can rest easy now with my sweet silver box… i hope it never leaves me again.

2 Likes

MD’s seem to be getting a lot of attention on the forum lately, anyone else notice this?

3 Likes

It’s the king - they will never top it! The rytm is nice, but serves a completely purpose. The MD is a the closest thing to idm in a box I’ve ever seen played - and that is the perfect machine for me. MD & OT and some 90’s synths - that’s the perfect setup for me… and a H3000 :):slight_smile: MD forever!!!

4 Likes

Haven t they always?

these were for @darenager @sezare56 chaingang lab, but think that should remain OT only.

3 Likes

Did you make this on the MD?

1 Like

yeah, i recommend trying it, to get as much out of one track as possible. great way to learn all the capabilities.

1 Like

I haven’t really even used my MD Mk2 w/Plus Drive yet to any extent, bought it a few months ago off Reverb and love what it can do potentially from what I’ve heard, the sound is incredibly alive of course. I am fighting myself from getting a RYTM Mk2, and I don’t want to sell the Machinedrum. I also just recently bought MNM mk2, A4 Mk2 and Octatrack Mk2, intense monsters. I sold Digitakt and Digitone, and will no doubt get Digitone again, love it for the building of FM sounds from nothing, like all the Elektrons sculpt and design a sound from scratch.

I see some of you have both a RYTM and Machinedrum. No hurry to buy a RYTM, I will still be able to get one in 1-2-3 years. Just feel a need to try one.

2 Likes

Noice. :+1: